What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coast Spas  (Read 4680 times)

MIATAMAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Coast Spas
« on: December 30, 2004, 07:27:52 am »
Hello everyone. What a great forum. I am about to purchase a spa and wonder if anyone has opinions about Coast Spas. I have wet tested Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Caldera, and Marquis. I am going to wet test a Coast this afternoon. I can't find many posts about Coast on any forums. It appears to be a well built spa. Please don't confuse coast with gulf coast. Thanx

Hot Tub Forum

Coast Spas
« on: December 30, 2004, 07:27:52 am »

KC-SWO

• Waiting for my new deck, Dreaming of my BC 750
Re: Coast Spas
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 08:14:39 am »
I have wet tested Coast.  It was a while ago, I don't remember the model.

I did not find Coast as impressive as some of the others that I tested.  The tubs seemed to be quite restrictive for my height, 6'5".  I had a hard time finding seats that had enough leg room.  I have not heard many people on here talk about Coast, but I have heard it mentioned a few times.

Also the Coast dealer here in town has a 15 yr old kid attempting to sell their spas.  The sales pitch was not that impressive.

I did not see anything that I really didn't like about their spas.  Wet test and see what you think.

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 10:04:45 am »
My sister has had hers for a month or so and they like it so far. The only thing she wishes it had was a lounge,they wanted more seats instead. It is made in B. C. if thats the Coast your referring to.... bobhol

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 11:44:06 am »
Coast was spawned by executives who left CalSpa.

Draw your own conclusions, I would advise stayting away from the Television. Why? Why don't they give more than a yuear warranty on it?
Homeworks Financing Representative

MIATAMAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 12:51:01 pm »
I will be staying away from the TV. I want the spa mainly for my bad lower back. Thanx for the responses. I am a little apprehensive about Coast because I can't find many opinions from current or previous owners. Well, I am heading out for the wet test.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 01:22:52 pm »
Well, I am heading out for the wet test.

Its always best to wet test more than 1 so you have a point of reference and I'd say wet testing 3 or 4 is ideal though maybe a bit of a pain.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

poolboy34

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 03:03:58 pm »
Coast spas aren't a bad product.  From what I've heard it really comes down to the dealer that is selling them.  Like all manufacturers, they have good dealers and bad dealers.  A good dealer can make an average product be outstanding just by their customer service.  And the same can be said of a bad dealer selling an excelent brand.  Poor customer service from adealer can make even the best of products look bad.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 And Caldera Spa Dealer

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004, 03:44:39 pm »
I will be staying away from the TV. I want the spa mainly for my bad lower back. Thanx for the responses. I am a little apprehensive about Coast because I can't find many opinions from current or previous owners. Well, I am heading out for the wet test.

My only opinion of Coast is that after spending time here and my own shopping experiences I have learned the tricks of some dealers (mis representing horsepower for one)  I spend some time with a Coast Rep at the Ohio State fair and I found he used everyone of those tricks/practices, including berating other brands. The one thing I did like was being able to remove the filter without junk going back into the tub, which is a minor problem with most tubs.  The waterfall model they had was the most hokey, "gimmicky" think I have ever seen in any model.

Just didn't inspire a lot of trust or confidence in me.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2004, 07:32:28 pm »
Go to their web and download the warranty.  An attorney or attorneys wrote this thing.  There is more lawyer lingo in this thing and exclussions protecting coast and not you the owner than I've seen in any warranty.  Buyer beware.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2004, 10:04:07 pm »
And Metal-colored finishes are so last season!!

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Bubbles

• Calls 'em as I sees 'em
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2005, 12:15:32 am »
I saw this spa operate at a show last year. Though Coast is not anywhere near my favorite spa, I have to say that it was impressive to see with the vanishing edge type waterfall.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 12:16:20 am by Bubbles »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2005, 12:15:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42