What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First drain  (Read 2666 times)

double_track

• Peace, Love and Happiness
First drain
« on: January 01, 2005, 07:52:16 pm »
I've had my D1 diplomat for 1 month now and have used it almost every day. I'm starting to get foaming problems and noticed cloudy water today. I'm going to drain it but I have a few questions. Do I turn the power off or just use standby? Is it ok to let it drain overnight and clean it when it's empty or should I clean right after it drains? What should I use to clean the tub before I refill and what should I add when it's full again? I would appreciate any answers and additional advice you knowledgeable folks might have, thanks, Doubletrack

Hot Tub Forum

First drain
« on: January 01, 2005, 07:52:16 pm »

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
Re: First drain
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 08:29:48 pm »
I did my first drain after 30 days and it went very easy. The water was out in 45 minutes or so and after a brief towelling it took less than 2 hours to fill it .I drained with a small submersible pump attached to my pool vac hose.The new water solved all my foam problems and questions and it has'nt reappeared yet . Good Luck....bobhol

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 08:31:43 pm »
I have a disconnect box about 6 ft. from the spa ,so I killed power from there....bobhol

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2005, 08:39:51 pm »
Most definitely turn the power off for the drain.  Draining times vary by method, I too used a submerible pump and it was done in less than an hour, using the drain plug on the tub could take a bit longer.  

Cleaning the tub, depends on how dirty it is.  My first refill I used a damp cloth and then used the gloss product from Leisure time.  Unless you have a scum line or such you may not have to do anything this time around.  

Your dealer should have given you steps to do after the tub is filled??  I put in MetalGon, adjust ph, alk, and cholrine and then wait for the temp to get just right.  All in all my refill took a couple of hours.  

I'm sure one the resident experts will chime in and correct me if I've misspoke.   ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2005, 08:39:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42