What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dark Water,  Iron I Believe. HELP  (Read 2478 times)

ladwighome

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dark Water,  Iron I Believe. HELP
« on: January 01, 2005, 09:25:44 am »
Well-The Spa is 103-Degrees this morning,  I want to take my first soak today but the water is cloudy and blackish/orange in color.

I am sure it is the Iron left still in the water.  Last Night I put in the start-up chemicals after the spa temp reached 73-degrees as follows and recommended by dealer.

PH-Decreaser

Stain/Scale Remover

Shock

Sanitizer (Chlorine)

I hit the clean cycle again at 2:30am when I got home and again just now, my dealer is closed until Monday so I am kind of stuck with my question unless you all can help.

The Mrs. is fussy about the water color and I want the water clear to obviously.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Lad

Hot Tub Forum

Dark Water,  Iron I Believe. HELP
« on: January 01, 2005, 09:25:44 am »

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
Re: Dark Water,  Iron I Believe. HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 03:52:31 pm »
Well water or city?  If well water did you do any kind of filtering when filling or put in something like MetalGon?  Not sure if that will help, experts?

ladwighome

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 06:00:51 pm »
Yes-Well water and no I did not use an iron filter on the hose but am now wishing that I had.  If it had been recommended  I certainly would have.

Just finished adding more PH-Decreaser as dealers analyisis of water recommended 10-days of this.

Also wiped out orange water line with a paper towel came off pretty easily but certainly dont want to see the shell get stained by the high mineral content.

The Spa Tech is coming out on Monday hopefully he may have some additional advice on clearing up the water.

Lad

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 06:00:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42