What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Sundance  (Read 11933 times)

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
Re: Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Sundance
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 11:52:29 am »
I was going to add that our Jacuzzi dealer here is new, and the Sundance just changed after 10+ years of being a different dealer.  

My thought is that if the Sundance dealer goes under or vice versa, you'd be able to get service pretty easily from either / or, as they'd be compensated for their warranty work by Jacuzzi Brands (the parent company).

Secondly if you live in a large enough city (I'm in a Million plus city), these two manufacturers will be making sure there's always somebody selling the product.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 11:52:29 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 02:04:02 pm »
A six year old Jacuzzi Spa is very different than a newer Jacuzzi Premium Spa.  Since Sundance has taken over the spa side for Jacuzzi and created Jacuzzi Premium, the quality and costs to run should be almost identical as they are basically built the same.

I was able to compare the HotSpring and Sundance spas side by side as the dealer I purchased from sells both.  For me it was between the Grandee and the Optima.  I would not discount the Jacuzzi Products either, even though someone has had a bad experience with the older style spas.

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 07:47:02 pm »
I was quoted the Optima for 8K including tax, all the bells but no stereo. I didn't quote the Grandee yet and was quoted a Jacuzzi 365 for 7K + tax but I did'nt take the conversation any further.

I was wondering about the filter cost because it seems to be something to look at over a year to compare.

>Try to give it a wet test and check it out. We are both very happy with our Grandee.  The only thing I would do different is that I would get the dealer to put the TRI-X filters in the Grandee as part of the deal. <

tvaughan, good point on the Grandee becauce the dealer showed me the filter but the one on the tub was the old style.

>I was able to compare the HotSpring and Sundance spas side by side as the dealer I purchased from sells both.  For me it was between the Grandee and the Optima.  I would not discount the Jacuzzi Products either, even though someone has had a bad experience with the older style spas. <

tony, which one of the Jacuzzi lines would to say was like these? J-375?

I did find out I have a Marquis dealer here. Which line would be a comparable to the Grandee or Optima?
I went on the Marquis site and it looks like the tubs don't have headrest. What's the deal with that? I'll go see these either this week or next.

BTW, thanks for all the info guys, very helpful

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2004, 09:23:39 pm »
I did find out I have a Marquis dealer here. Which line would be a comparable to the Grandee or Optima?
I went on the Marquis site and it looks like the tubs don't have headrest. What's the deal with that? I'll go see these either this week or next.

BTW, thanks for all the info guys, very helpful

The Euphoria has features that would compare to both in addition to unique features.

Believe it or not they make a pillow to put on a Marquis and in all the years I sold the line I have yet to have anyone request them! I did have one customer order pillows and then asked us not to install them before delivery. You will understand when you try the spa.....

zacman

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2004, 11:07:41 pm »
We have the Optima and are very happy with it.  Don't know if it is the spa for you as you will have to wet test.  I wll say, however, that the Sundance, and I assume several others, have the whirlpool function which I really like and use.  There are times that you want to relax without jets on your back - just swirling water. . . but jacuzzi does not offer that.  

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2004, 12:18:50 am »
 ::) I was down to a SunDance Cameo (Lounger version of the Optima) vs. the Jacuzzi J-370 (predessecor to the 375). Came down to price as the majority of other "parts" balanced out (at least in my mind). Paid $6,500 for a J-370 with Synthetic siding, Ozonator, Cover, Stereo, delivery, chems, etc. Sundance dealer wanted $7,900 for Cameo WITHOUT the stereo but did eventually say they would have sold it to me for $7,200 (if I would cancel the Jacuzzi order). I've had mine for about 2 years now and VERY happy with it so far.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2004, 02:21:17 pm »
The Jacuzzi Premium J375 has a lounge seat, so it is different than the Optima and Grandee.  However the 375 is about the same size (480 gallons).  The J365 is the same type layout as the Optima, but smaller at about 380 gallons.  It has four corner seats, like the Optima, which is one of the reasons I ended up with the spa I did.

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2004, 08:44:55 pm »
Thanks guys,

One question, how do the head cushions hold up over time?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2004, 10:10:32 am »
Ours are in fine shape.  
Brewman
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2004, 04:28:56 pm »
Mine too.  I do a little maintenance to them once per year (remove and wash them, then a liberal dose of 303 protectant).

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2004, 05:16:29 pm »
Thanks guys,

One question, how do the head cushions hold up over time?

Over how much time? No matter how you take care of them pillows WILL eventually breakdown, you just have to decide if they are important to have on the spa up front...

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2004, 04:36:44 am »
After seeing the warranty of the Jacuzzi I think it may be cut from the list. I am going to look at the Marquis next week. From that I have read and seen it will be down to these three.  ::)

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2004, 07:58:01 pm »
I just purchased the Sundance Optima. I looked at all the other tubs then wet tested the sundance. The wet test went great but when I talked to the dealer the price got me so I bought it.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2004, 04:28:15 pm »
Congratulations.  Another Optima owner on board.  You're going to love your spa.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2004, 11:41:15 pm »
What Tony said.  
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2004, 11:41:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42