What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Sundance  (Read 11935 times)

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Sundance
« on: December 18, 2004, 11:45:50 am »
Hey everyone, I'm new here and you guys have a great site here. This is just the kind of place I was looking for when I started looking for a spa. I have never owned a spa before and in my area there only 2 dealers. The tubs I am looking at are the Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and the Sundance. I want a quality tub. Are these tubs in the same quality range of each other? I am looking to spend around $7500 with a tub that seats 6-8. I would appreciate you thoughts.

Hot Tub Forum

« on: December 18, 2004, 11:45:50 am »

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 11:54:08 am »
One more question, There is a dealer about 1 hour from here that sells the Artesian line. Should I look that far away at this line too? Is the Artesian in the same catagory os the others?

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
Re: Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Sundance
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 04:33:31 pm »
I own an Artesian spa and just love it.  We wet tested quite a few different spas and found the Artesian had just what we wanted.  And important, we really liked the dealer.  And three months down the road, we still do like the spa and the dealer is still great.  Wet test all the spas your looking at.  Pick the one that fits what you want.  One of the local experts can tell you which one is the best.  I can only relate to ours.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 04:34:12 pm »
I might as well take advantage of my 1000’Th post by saying; you really should look at the Marquis and the D1 lines before deciding!

Whew! Time to take a breather…..!

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 06:00:54 pm »
Thanks for the replies. I don't have a D1 supplier close and I looked up a dealer for the Marquis. I do have a dealer for that line if they are still in business. I called them but no answer.

I looked at the HS Grandee and Envoy along with the Jacuzzi lines today. From what I can tell, the HS spas would be cheaper to run because of the filter cost alone.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 06:21:07 pm »
When you mentioned you want something for 7 or 8 people are you talking seating positions or actually really holding on a regular basis 7 or 8.....many spas offer seating positions of 7 or 8 but are really meant for 4 or 5......

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 06:40:13 pm »
I was referring to the size like the factory rates them. I'm over 6' tall and need a larger tub. Some that are rated for 6 might work but most say 6-7 or 7-8.

I quess I want a large 4-5 person tub.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 06:42:16 pm by nm-tn »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 06:56:24 pm »
If you are looking at Sundance, check out the Optima.  It has seating for up to 8, but seats 4 or 5 quite nicely.
The spa is about 8' X 8' measured from the outside.
They have a bigger spa, the Maxxus, which is even larger.  We have the Optima, for about 20 months now, are are pleased with it.
Brewman
Brewman

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 07:34:06 pm »
If you are looking at Sundance, check out the Optima.  It has seating for up to 8, but seats 4 or 5 quite nicely.
 The spa is about 8' X 8' measured from the outside.
They have a bigger spa, the Maxxus, which is even larger.  We have the Optima, for about 20 months now, are are pleased with it.
Brewman

How are the cost for maintance (how ofter for a filter change and cost) One of the things I'm looking at is the cost of filters and how often they need changing.
May I ask what it sold for 20 months ago? I was quoted 8 grand including taxes the other day.

Fred3240

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 08:48:28 pm »
I've had a jacuzzi now for 6 years and have had nothing but trouble with it.  I am going to replace it this year and will NOT buy jacuzzi again (for an outside tub).  We live in the NE so that may have something to do with it, but a lot of the problems have been from poor design and inferior materials.  The red wood slats on the sides are seperating from the walls so the cover doesn't close.  The jets have worn out so there are no more bubbles.  The authorized service dealers change every six months so you never can get the same service company to fix a problem.......  Very unhappy camper.  Stay clear of that brand!

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 08:50:46 pm »
I might as well take advantage of my 1000’Th post by saying; you really should look at the Marquis and the D1 lines before deciding!

Whew! Time to take a breather…..!

ME TOO! ;D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 08:34:23 pm »

How are the cost for maintance (how ofter for a filter change and cost) One of the things I'm looking at is the cost of filters and how often they need changing.
May I ask what it sold for 20 months ago? I was quoted 8 grand including taxes the other day.

I change my water about 4 times per year, and at each water change I put in a new microfilter, they run about $15.  The main filter gets swapped out and cleaned at each water change.  They cost about $50, but last several years.
Your price quote of $8K is pretty good, I think.  Especially if includes steps, cover lifter, startup chems, delivery, etc..
I really don't remember what I paid for the spa, it was more than $8K, but my spa had the stereo and a  couple more options, and sales tax.
Brewman
Brewman

tvaughan

• Hot Springs Grandee Owner
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2004, 08:47:23 pm »
I was referring to the size like the factory rates them. I'm over 6' tall and need a larger tub. Some that are rated for 6 might work but most say 6-7 or 7-8.

I quess I want a large 4-5 person tub.

I think you will appreciate the open,unrestricted seating in the Grandee.  Try to give it a wet test and check it out. We are both very happy with our Grandee.  The only thing I would do different is that I would get the dealer to put the TRI-X filters in the Grandee as part of the deal.

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2004, 08:20:36 am »
We have the Sundance Cameo and love it.  It is the same size as the Optima but has the lounger.  What Brewman says is the about the same here.  8k would be a good price, we paid a bit more for ours but to us it was worth it.  Everyone in my family is around 6', except poor old mom, and we fit in it comfortable.

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2004, 11:45:09 am »
I've had a jacuzzi now for 6 years and have had nothing but trouble with it.  I am going to replace it this year and will NOT buy jacuzzi again (for an outside tub).  We live in the NE so that may have something to do with it, but a lot of the problems have been from poor design and inferior materials.  The red wood slats on the sides are seperating from the walls so the cover doesn't close.  The jets have worn out so there are no more bubbles.  The authorized service dealers change every six months so you never can get the same service company to fix a problem.......  Very unhappy camper.  Stay clear of that brand!

I should chime in here and say that based on previoius posts about Jacuzzi, the components have changed greatly.  Not to get anyone started, but Jacuzzi and Sundance are "together".  I don't know who bought who, but they are using some of the same components.  I personally own the Jacuzzi J-345, and like it a lot.  However if you're looking in the price range you are, than you have a lot of options open to you.  Living in the city I'm in in Canada, for the price I was looking at,  I could only see myself buying either a Tiger River or Jacuzzi.  Marquis and Hot Spring are priced a lot higher here.  

So having said all that, both brands you're looking at are solid, and you won't go wrong with looking at Marquis either.  

Mark

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2004, 11:45:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42