What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: PH not moving down Help! closer!  (Read 4528 times)

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
Re: PH not moving down Help! closer!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2004, 10:54:13 pm »
Ok, tested the water again and it needed one more TABLESP00N  and I think I have it.

It almost 11:00 in NY.

Almost there.

Jonathan

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2004, 10:54:13 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2004, 10:52:59 am »
Wow - lots of posts here.

Next time you have a pH reading of 8.0, just toss in four dry ounces of dry acid.

Get a measuring cup next time you go to the dealer, or run over to Wally World and get one.

Most tub makers and chem companies don't suggest adding more than three or four ounces at a time - so you may have to repeat this. Wait at least three hours for the pH to settle at it's new level.

For my 500 gallon tub (now gone from my life  :( ) I have to add four to six ounces on fresh water to even start to get it into range.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2004, 12:55:14 pm »
I figured that it was around that time by the time on your posts but was questioning the rational sanity of how cold it must be at 10 pm out there and what would drive you to be out adjusting the spa. You New Yorkers! ;)

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2004, 02:27:44 pm »
Yeah we are such a crazy bunch aren't we, NOT!

Well it worked.  I guess what got me into a  funk over this was the Taylor test kit only going to 8.0 and me not knowing to do an acid demand test.  The PH must have been really high and I was thinking about it being a bit over 8.0.  

The spa is at 7.6 right now after putting in 3.5 heaping TABLESP00NS on PH decreaser.  I didn't think my water was so high out of the tap.  This is after my first water change.  I did not have this trouble on the initial fill of the spa, ph was almost in line on day one.

Thanks for the help on this.

Jonathan

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2004, 02:27:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42