What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Moderate yourselfs  (Read 6129 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Moderate yourselfs
« on: December 24, 2004, 11:13:26 pm »
48 hours after the ice storm we just lost power.  My network and computers are on ups, but they won't last much longer.  Its Christmas eve, going to bed early I guess. Probably not much hope to have power back up anytime soon.  See ya in a few days.!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Moderate yourselfs
« on: December 24, 2004, 11:13:26 pm »

shoemaker

Re: Moderate yourselfs
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 07:11:05 am »
Ok !

The cats away. You know what that means brother and sister mice !!!!!

;D ;D ;D

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 07:49:02 am »
Terminator,

I know you probably won't see this for a while but Columbus made the national news and it looks really rough......certainly I thought of you......hang tough......our best holiday wishes are with you....... 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Moderate yourselves
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 10:44:26 am »
I think having power is overrated anyway. We often turn off the lights and lay in the dark around here. Mostly at night, when we're asleep. But to date, nothing has frozen. Hmm. Take care out there Bill.

And Merry Christmas !
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 11:08:03 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2004, 12:05:02 pm »
Merry Christmas. I turned on the UPS again to bring up the cable modem and my PC.  We closed off most of the house and Gina, Melinda, and I along with 3 cats slept in the living room last night.  ITs been just over 12 hours with no power.  I had an old kerosene heater we hadn't used in 15 years. I went out at midnight last night and found some kerosene,  The living room and kitched stayed at 60 all night. The 3 cats crowded around the heater. The UPS says 30 minutes of power left, so I'm off to send some email messages and maybe get back later.   (A big UPS helps :) )
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2004, 02:00:33 pm »
Merry Christmas. I turned on the UPS again to bring up the cable modem and my PC.  We closed off most of the house and Gina, Melinda, and I along with 3 cats slept in the living room last night.  ITs been just over 12 hours with no power.  I had an old kerosene heater we hadn't used in 15 years. I went out at midnight last night and found some kerosene,  The living room and kitched stayed at 60 all night. The 3 cats crowded around the heater. The UPS says 30 minutes of power left, so I'm off to send some email messages and maybe get back later.   (A big UPS helps :) )

What  a way to spend Christmas!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2004, 05:55:35 pm »
What  a way to spend Christmas!

It could have been worse, some people had it worse. It turned out to be only 18 hours for us. Power came back after 18 hours while I was out picking up dinner.  Tub is at 94, I'll be soaking by 9-10.

It actually was nice in a way. We spent most of the day together talking, played a trivia game. This may be our last Christmas with our daughter, so we actually spent a lot of time together ran than installing new games and watching new DVDs.

Anyway, I'm back.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2004, 10:11:05 pm »
It could have been worse, some people had it worse. It turned out to be only 18 hours for us. Power came back after 18 hours while I was out picking up dinner.  Tub is at 94, I'll be soaking by 9-10.

It actually was nice in a way. We spent most of the day together talking, played a trivia game. This may be our last Christmas with our daughter, so we actually spent a lot of time together ran than installing new games and watching new DVDs.

Anyway, I'm back.

What a way to put a positive spin on things!  Glad all is well in Columbus land!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 08:18:35 am »

What a way to put a positive spin on things!  Glad all is well in Columbus land!!!

Well, It will certainly be a memorable Christmas. We left for PA on Sunday morning to visit Grandma.  It didn't seem that bad.  HIt a patch of ice, slid into the median, flipped 3 times. Fortunately we landed upright with minor injuries and we were only 40 miles out of town, but the wingmobile will not see the road again.

As you can see, I can still type!  Feels more like Thanksgiving now  :D

xrdirthead

t Re: Moderate yourselfs
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2004, 10:02:59 am »
Glad to hear everyone is OK....must have been scary.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004, 10:27:16 am »
I'm really glad to hear everyone is ok.  Sorry about the wingmobile!

:-[

I know it isn't as devastating, but I went out the back door at my grandparents, who got 3-6 inches of snow and ice.  I slipped on a patch of ice and landed on my hip, luckily I'm just sore (thank goodness I am home and able to get in the tub.  I'm just glad it happened to me and not to my grandparents or my mom!  They wouldn't have been so lucky!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2004, 10:41:51 am »
Glad to hear you are all ok ... things can get replaced, people can't!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2004, 11:12:37 am »
Wow  :o -

Lori and Bill,

So glad you were not injured more. What fun life can be!

I enjoy having both of you around, many people do, and then there's always your families. Hmm. Just very glad for you.

Go slow as bruises get deeper in the days following the impact, and may the God of peace touch you both.

:(
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2004, 02:35:19 pm »
Wmccall,

I thought of you and your family often duing the weekend. I even tuned into the weather channel to watch the storm in your area.

Thank God you're all O.K.

This will be the Christmas you'll all remember as one of your luckiest. You survived 18 hours without power, grew closer as a family, and you're all O.K. after a very scary car accident.

Take care of yourself, and those girls. Stay home for awhile your moon must be out of orbit right now. LOL

Spahappy :D

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2004, 03:04:37 pm »
Wow, Wow, Wow! ???

I am so happy to here that everyone is OK! Man, I couldn't even add anything other than mimic what Chas said!

Please keep us posted on the outcome of everything! I imagine that everyone is very sore right now..... After something like this the stiffness and soreness usually comes around the week or so after so I hope your spa is up and running.....

And now the question that many of us have in our minds just because it’s you Bill, did you get to watch any football through all of this? ;)

Here is hoping that your New Year starts out much better than 2004 ends! :o

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2004, 03:04:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42