What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: to much foam  ( help)  (Read 1939 times)

sputnik

to much foam  ( help)
« on: December 29, 2004, 04:03:03 pm »
hello
 i have a jacuzzi  j-365 for a month and a 1/2 now  but find its too foamy  i use foam away to reduce foam in the spa but still the next day foam. only happens when all jets are on (very frothy) what can i do am i doing something wrong all the test strips show everything is alright . help  other then that i love the spa im in  it every night after work. :)

sputnik (lancaster ny)

Hot Tub Forum

to much foam  ( help)
« on: December 29, 2004, 04:03:03 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: to much foam  ( help)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 04:11:12 pm »
Search the archives for foam problems, this is common.  Are you pouring in the foam out?  If you put it in a spray bottle and even dillute it with water and spray it directly on the foam, you will find it works better.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 04:15:08 pm »
Many people recommend doing a water change after the first month or two of ownership because of this problem.

AFAIK foam is a bunch of small icky stuff, like skin oils, bathing suit detergents, dead skin cells, dead stuff that your sanitizer killed, shampoo and dandruff and, well, one could go on...

If you've never owned a tub before, or haven't used it regularly, just getting into the tub adds lots of skin cells and other body gunk which comes off of you in the tub.   If you don't do a second rinse of your bathing suits, it is detergent too.

I've heard that if you scoop the foam off with a plate and it keeps coming back, it may be water chemistry.  Some people scoop it off and it doesn't come back.  

But if it isn't too inconvienent, you may want to try a water change.

-Ed

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 05:17:57 pm »
I'll say it for Chas,

Change the water.  Most of the problems will go away.

Foam in a new tub is a fact of life, after my first water change, no more foam.  Never ever wash the suits with soap and no head dunking for the kiddies.

Jonathan

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 05:17:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42