What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Del Ozonators?  (Read 2769 times)

envoy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Del Ozonators?
« on: December 28, 2004, 05:23:43 pm »
I just ordered a  Del Platinum SpaEclipse ozonator for my hot tub. Looks to be a 5 min. install at best. My question is ....does anyone have one on their Spa? This was a $155.00 ozonator compared to $500.00 for A "Freshwater III" from Hot Springs.
Thanks..... Daryl

Hot Tub Forum

Del Ozonators?
« on: December 28, 2004, 05:23:43 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Del Ozonators?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 05:33:14 pm »
Just curious, will the ozonator you purchased plug in just like the Freshwater III ozone?

envoy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 05:52:44 pm »
Just curious, will the ozonator you purchased plug in just like the Freshwater III ozone?

Yes, there will be small receptical that is prewired on the Hot Springs IQ 2020 panel. It will get voltage from that and the small tubing line will hook on to the injector. I ordered the injector also......It will be very simple to install on A HS spa.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 06:16:57 pm by envoy »

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 07:13:00 pm »
The only issue I see assuming it will plug in, is that Hot Spring does not warranty things damaged by ozonators that are under the cabinet that are not theirs.  So if you do this, beware that you may encounter a problem if you need service and the technician sees a "foreign" ozonator.
Measure once, cut twice.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 07:35:58 pm »
I just ordered a  Del Platinum SpaEclipse ozonator for my hot tub. Looks to be a 5 min. install at best. My question is ....does anyone have one on their Spa? This was a $155.00 ozonator compared to $500.00 for A "Freshwater III" from Hot Springs.
Thanks..... Daryl

You know, after reading what Salesdvl wrote I remembered the clause in the warranty concerning an aftermarket Ozone.

My question is what makes the Freshwater II so expensive? I know that sounds like a strange question coming from me (having sold them) but I was just setting here thinking about this and for the life of me I can't see what makes that so much higher priced than other units......?

I'm willing to be sold on the reasons if someone can give me the better points of that ozone to justify the price..... ???

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 08:28:53 pm »
Simple.... Watkins makes it.  No other explanation is needed.  ( Please do not miss the sarcasm that is intended.)   :)
Measure once, cut twice.

envoy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 08:47:27 pm »
The only issue I see assuming it will plug in, is that Hot Spring does not warranty things damaged by ozonators that are under the cabinet that are not theirs.  So if you do this, beware that you may encounter a problem if you need service and the technician sees a "foreign" ozonator.

My local HS dealer installs aftermarket ozonators on the tubs they sell. They use PROZONE UV ozonators and wanted to include one with my package......I'm not crazy about a UV ozonator.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 09:13:52 pm »
Simple.... Watkins makes it.  No other explanation is needed.  ( Please do not miss the sarcasm that is intended.)   :)

Don't worry, I didn't! ;)

BTW, where have you been lately

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 09:13:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42