What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for all "PEARL" HS owners??  (Read 3853 times)

envoy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Question for all "PEARL" HS owners??
« on: December 27, 2004, 05:21:07 pm »
To anyone who has a "pearl" color hot springs spa.....If you had it to do over again, would you get PEARL? I am trying to decide on Pearl or Sand. I am ordering a 05 Envoy but am having a difficult time deciding what color........I Love the pearl but would love to hear any "Negatives" you might have???? Thanks in advance!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 06:41:34 pm by envoy »

Hot Tub Forum

Question for all "PEARL" HS owners??
« on: December 27, 2004, 05:21:07 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Question for all "PEARL" HS owners??
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 05:55:20 pm »
I'm going sand on the next one. I love the look of the Pearl, and it's plenty tough stuff. But I get tired of wiping the water spots off.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

UnderTheStars

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 06:23:04 pm »
I've only had the tub (Vanguard/pearl) for 5 months, but so far very happy with it.  I had heard they were more prone to scratching and was concerned about that.  So far we haven't put any scratches on it that I can see.

Chas is right, it does show water spots but when I open the cover there are always a lot more beads of water than actual dried water spots - the spots haven't been an issue for me.  After 5 months I'd def. choose the pearl again. . .after 5 years who knows?

envoy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 08:08:32 pm »
Chas/Stars....
Do you guys get water spots from hard water or is it just a spot that can be easily wiped off?( I have a water softner)

The "Pearl" is very classy looking but also looks fragile too. I don't have kids and I'm very particular about trying to preserve things that cost $$.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 08:09:35 pm by envoy »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 09:04:41 pm »
envoy,
Sorry.....I'm not an HS owner but I do have a pearl tub and I love it......would do pearl again in a heartbeat.  The sheen that the pearl gives is really awesome and rich.....and the LED lights really show well.
As far as water spots are concerned, I think most are not caused by hardness as much as TDS.  I experience some as Chas has said but nothing a wet washcloth can't take care of with a simple swipe.
Go for it and........enjoy the Envoy! 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 10:32:06 pm »
Chas/Stars....
 Do you guys get water spots from hard water or is it just a spot that can be easily wiped off?( I have a water softner)

The "Pearl" is very classy looking but also looks fragile too. I don't have kids and I'm very particular about trying to preserve things that cost $$.

No permanent spots - just wipe it with a towell or other soft cloth. If I didn't do it all day at the store, I wouldn't mind doing it at home. As to being fragile, I would remind us that people have been living with glossy finishes on tub for close to thirty years now.  Yes, they most often had a marble color, but it is the same material.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 11:38:32 pm »
I have a pearl Vista and agree that it shows water spots but I think this color shows off the colored LED's the best.  The water spots wipe off, no big deal to me.
You can really tell if the water is crystal clear at night with the lights on.

I tell everyone to take off watches, rings, etc ...before getting in the spa, so far no scratches, very tough stuff.

Here is a link to pics I took of my spa and how it shows the colors off and how great they look.

http://www.pbase.com/jlefcourt/backyard_project

Jonathan
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 11:41:56 pm by newtotubbing »

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 12:19:13 am »
Love my pearl Envoy.  We have very hard water and the few spots wipe off real easy.  I don't worry about them unless I want to show off the spa in daylight.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2004, 06:50:19 am »
Have had a pearl Vanguard for over a year now, and I would pick the pearl again!

It was the prettiest of the colors (at the time).  The water spots wipe off easily with a soft cloth (as Chas and others have said) but to be honest, they don't bother me that much, and I'm the primary user of the tub!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

shoemaker

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2004, 02:01:35 pm »
We have a Pearl Envoy that we purchased about 2 months ago. We love it and the color. The LED's are best with the Pearl, as everyone else has said the spots are east to wipe off if you get them, but also if you get any dirt in it (from wherever) it is easy to see and clean up. It doesn't show very well with the other colors, so how do you know it needs cleaning?

I would definately buy the Pearl again.

;)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 02:02:30 pm by shoemaker »

envoy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2004, 04:50:22 pm »
Thanks to all who replied! I ordered the Pearl!! Johnathan.....your pics sold me!!! VERY nice set up!!!
The light reflection is a definite PLUS on the Pearl!
I am trading in a "Sand Bengal" and wanted a change anyway.   It has been an ordeal deciding on model and color, Manufacturer was a given ....only good things to say for Watkins Spas!!
Thanks to all!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2004, 04:50:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42