What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: water level  (Read 3008 times)

danndy

water level
« on: December 26, 2004, 03:02:11 pm »
Hi everyone!
I am new to hot tub ownership and was wondering if I should be concerned that I have already added water (twice in the last month)  to the tub.  I bought a tiger river siberian.
Thanks for the input!

Hot Tub Forum

water level
« on: December 26, 2004, 03:02:11 pm »

yokeman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: water level
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 04:50:00 pm »
how much water did you add during the time in question?
depending upon usage, water will deplete thru evaporation and escape as you leave the tub.
if you have the tub on a cement pad then look for dampness spots. a wood deck will show water only if the leak wicks pass the tub edge onto the decking.

mark a level on the interior of the tub at the water line.
let the tub set for several days. maybe run the jets once or twice during this period and then check water level.

this may help you......good luck.

UnderTheStars

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 05:42:08 pm »
Hi Danndy!  FWIW, I have a 400 gallon tub, 7 1/2' square.  I use it daily/every other day.  On occasion it gets used twice the same day.  We probably average about 20 - 30 minutes per use, plus the time it's open to chlorinate.  My water level drops 1" - 1 1/2" inches per week.

First couple weeks I thought it was leaking but it's just evaporation.  Hopefully that's the case with yours.  Yokeman is right about also losing water when you exit the tub.  That amount is greater if you wear a suit (holds water like a sponge.)

BTW, I have a friend in Michigan who just bought a Siberian.  I got to see it last week and it's a great tub. . .Congrats!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 05:43:23 pm by UnderTheStars »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 12:12:27 pm »
If you live in an area with cold winters, you'll loose more water to evaporation.  Lots of steam rises with the cover off when it's cold.
Brewman
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 01:04:29 pm »
I have to add 5-7 gallons per week during the winter.

danndy

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 02:01:39 pm »
Thanks for your input.
With an investment as expensive as a tub, I just wanted to be sure that adding water between water changes was typical.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 02:01:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42