What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: foam in water  (Read 3828 times)

dirtrubber

• red on the head
foam in water
« on: December 17, 2004, 07:44:21 am »
Its only been a week from my first fill  the foam is realy bad should i change the water ?

Hot Tub Forum

foam in water
« on: December 17, 2004, 07:44:21 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: foam in water
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 07:58:31 am »
I'd vote to change the water.  There may be residual water in your spa from the factory testing, and who knows what's in that.
Start over with clean water, filters, etc....
Also, be aware that detergent residue in your swim suits contributes to foam, so while you are changing your water, wash out your suits without detergent.
And try to keep the shampoo and similar products out of the spa as much as possible.  I've had luck with foam reducing products for small amounts of foam.
A small amount of that stuff works suprisingly well.
But if the foam is as bad as you say, then I'd start with new water.

Brewman
Brewman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 09:40:27 am »
This is going to be rare: Chas recommending NOT to change the water !! But you can live with a bit of foam - use foam down each time you get into the tub if you have to. Pull the filters and give them a rinse, this often helps.

You should change the water at the end of the first month - three weeks is fine - but if you change it after just one week, I'm afraid you might not give your skin a chance to dump all of it's oils and dirt. Also, you might not give all the suits in the family the chance to work out the laundry detergent.

Have you kept the no-laundry rule for the suits you use in the tub? Have you kept the kids from dunking their heads/hair into the water? I guess I'm saying that you should try to find out what's doing this now, with this first load of water so you don't repeat it once you do change the water.

If you can put up with it for another week, I would put off this first change until you are closer to the first month or so.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 09:41:45 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 10:09:47 am »
Have you kept the kids from dunking their heads/hair into the water?

CHAS, buddy, PLEASE tell me how to do this! Threaten to take away PS2? Kid collar with overhead rope? 20 ppm Chlorine? 9.0 pH?

;D

Drewski
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Hammerhead

• 95 degrees, 95% humidity, 102 degree tub ...
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 01:56:14 pm »
We had to dump our water just after a month due to high foam and dramatically increasing TDS.  The tub was new, so the kids came over a lot that first few weeks.  The wife and I don't have problems with out swim suits ... they stay in the closet. :)  When the kids come over, that's a different story.  Two weeks of crystal clear water with me and the mrs. and then one visit from my daughter gave us our first bit of foam.  We have threatened to confiscate her swim suit, wash it ourselves, and keep it here when she wants to get in the hot tub.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re:   foam in water
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 02:13:56 pm »
We have threatened to confiscate her swim suit, wash it ourselves, and keep it here when she wants to get in the hot tub.
Not a bad idea. Or get her an ugly one that you know she won't take home.....

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 02:20:14 pm »
CHAS, buddy, PLEASE tell me how to do this! Threaten to take away PS2? Kid collar with overhead rope? 20 ppm Chlorine? 9.0 pH?
Drewski
This worked for us:
Click for more info.

dirtrubber

• red on the head
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2004, 03:07:54 pm »
Thanks for everones input i think my daughter caused the trouble getting in after a long bubble bath will try thge foam down see if that helps washed out the filters also

dirtrubber

• red on the head
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2004, 02:27:48 pm »
The foam X took care of the foam

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2004, 02:27:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42