What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My results with Water Tonic  (Read 5192 times)

Bluewater

My results with Water Tonic
« on: December 21, 2004, 02:34:03 pm »
I have used Water Tonic in my Sundance Marin for the past year. I also use ozone. I was able to go 10 months before changing the water. The quality of the water has been remarkable, a nice silky feeling, smells fresh always, nice and clear. My only complaint is that there are white flakes in the water that I can't seem to get rid of. These vary in size and some look like pieces of skin. I have talked to Clear Choice about this and they say that it is not watermold, but a by-product of the amino acids in the Water Tonic. Suggestions to eliminate it included using less Water Tonic per week (I use only 1/2 tsp.) and oxygenating the water more by having longer filter cycles (I'm currently doing 5 hours/day). So far nothing has helped eliminate the flakes. I rinse the filter weekly, sometimes more.

In general I am very happy using an enzyme product to keep my spa water clean. We have had no skin rashes or other adverse effects of any kind. But I would like to get rid of the flakes. Would like to hear if others using enzyme products have had a similar thing happening?

Hot Tub Forum

My results with Water Tonic
« on: December 21, 2004, 02:34:03 pm »

xrdirthead

Re: My results with Water Tonic
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 02:57:42 pm »
I don't know if this link will help you but its worth a shot.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1102083489

Did this help you out Bluewater?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 09:47:19 pm by xrdirthead »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 03:51:16 pm »
Those flakes are a bacteria/algae from lack of sanitization. Not uncommon with this product. Quite often resembles tissue paper as it usually disolves on contact with the skin.

There is a complete process that should be followed to eliminate this but I'm just heading out for a bit. If no one repies by the time I get back, I'll follow up with you.

Steve

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 10:29:59 pm »
Ok...I'm back! ;D

Can I start out by asking what type of sanitizer you add, how much, how often as well as the size of the spa? How many people use it and how often? What have the readings been in the past month, what are you testing for and how often are you cleaning your filters? What type of spa is this?

These questions might help us not only give suggestions, but also give recommendations to prevent this from occuring in the future.

Sorry for the 20 questions.  It's your fault...you started it. ;)

Steve

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 09:55:58 am »
I use water tonic as well.  This is not a bacteria/algae from lack of sanitization.  It is what clear choice says it is, overdosing.  had the same thing happen to me only three weeks after starting to use the product from overdosing. If you run the jets often for a week and skip one or two treatments they should go away.  I think this product is way outside the box as far as the hot tub industry is concerned, and works in a way that most would not understand.  Have faith and listen to the instructions from clear choice.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 10:35:15 am »

and works in a way that most would not understand.

That's the one line I agree with. ;D

After numerous posts from the owner of this product on another forum, I believe HE doesn't even understand.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 10:44:36 am by Steve »

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 12:38:09 pm »
 ::)

Has anyone seen the Spongebob Squarepants movie?  This forum and others that I've seen (not all spa related, you should see the high end audio forums!) crack me up.  There's always one or two know-it-alls that have everyone in that forum stuck in "Plankton's mind controlling head bucket's"

It was an unfortunate event that I happened across this forum.  I do not actually think that it is all that helpful to a consumer.  Yet, I am strangely drawn back to it from time to time to see what you overly passionate chuckleheads are argueing about.

A couple of the supposed owners are especially amusing.  They defend their spas like it is their first born child.  It's better than TV I tell ya!

Have fun in the future chuckleheads!  ;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 01:00:34 pm »
Has anyone seen the Spongebob Squarepants movie?

Why do I get the feeling you were first in line? ::)

It was an unfortunate event that I happened across this forum

Second sentence that I totally agree with! ;D

Thanks for stopping by with your worldly knowledge and input. Much appreciated...

Steve
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 01:07:17 pm by Steve »

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 01:07:55 pm »
We, as in my 3 and 6 year old daughters and I, were about third or fourth in line.

Did I touch a wittle button wutton there Stevie? :o

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 01:19:42 pm »
Have fun in the future chuckleheads!  ;)

Thanks - most kind of you.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2004, 01:49:01 pm »
Hey now, DON'T be messing with Sponge Bob! He's my main man...

Drewski

:P
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2004, 01:55:31 pm »
Looks like d1II is at least consistent.....these posts don't seem to be any more coherent than the other 28 or so..........
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Bluewater

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2004, 11:13:06 am »
While I understand that posters are trying to be of help, my intent with my original post was to hopefully hear from other users of enzyme products. (If there are others out there who feel intimitaded to post positively about enzyme products, please contact me via the email system on this forum. I would appreciate hearing from you.)

I thank XRDirthead for the link to the other thread, I had missed that one, thanks! Also, many thanks to D1Chairman who actually gave me some feedback I was looking for. I have contacted him privately for further discussion, as this seems to be a topic that most people on this board do not treat credibly.

So, by all means, continue to enjoy your chemical baths, but please give those of us with a different vision the right to enjoy our enzymes.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2004, 12:40:04 pm »
If you'll notice on my original 2 responses, I was actually trying to help you. You're welcome BTW.

Well...back to my chemical bath that doesn't have white flakes of algae and bacteria! ;D Oh and BTW blue, I do use an enzyme product and it works great. Water Tonic has issues IMO. But then again, you don't want opinions, you want someone to tell you how wonderful it is right? ??? Sorry...can't help you there...

Steve

TCMarvin

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2004, 01:19:18 pm »
Hello blue

I use Eco One (another enzyme treatment) and have never had the white flake problem. I also use a small amount of chlorine and an ozonator, if that makes a difference.

Have you tried a non-chlorine or chlorine shock to see if it helps reduce these flakes?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2004, 01:19:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42