What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help    Ice on the steps  (Read 4716 times)

tvaughan

• Hot Springs Grandee Owner
Help    Ice on the steps
« on: December 19, 2004, 08:40:12 pm »
I'm getting the snow stuff under control.  I've put a tarp over the cover to help with snow clearing from the tub.  

The problem is the steps.  The water left on the steps after getting out of the tub get's iced up very quickly.
What do those of you living in the cold do to keep the steps from getting iced over.  I don't want to break my ##s on these steps.

Suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.
 -Tom-
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 11:02:27 pm by tvaughan »

Hot Tub Forum

Help    Ice on the steps
« on: December 19, 2004, 08:40:12 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Help    Ice on the steps
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 05:26:15 am »
The sun seems to take care of it during the day here. It is occaisionaly icy but it never last's long. Bring your steps inside.
Retired

xrdirthead

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 03:24:33 pm »
I did see in a recent post of someone using electric wires that you plug in and they keep them clear.
I'll take a look and see if I can find the post.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 04:59:16 pm »
I'm getting the snow stuff under control.  I've put a tarp over the cover to help with snow clearing from the tub.  

The problem is the steps.  The water left on the steps after getting out of the tub get's iced up very quickly.
What do those of you living in the cold do to keep the steps from getting iced over.  I don't want to break my ##s on these steps. Suggestions would be helpful.
 Thanks.
  -Tom-

Tip your steps over in the winter when you get out and then tip them back up when you want to use them.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 05:54:14 pm by stuart »

xrdirthead

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 05:42:02 pm »

What do those of you living in the cold do to keep the steps from getting iced over.  I don't want to break my ##s on these steps.

Suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.
  -Tom-

Is this how to quickly get to 1000....

atta boy....theres some help...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 05:57:34 pm by xrdirthead »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 06:10:31 pm »
Suprising, no one has the simplest answer......... Take an extra towel with you and lay in on the steps before you get into the spa and take it back in the house when you're done. Not only will it keep most of the water off the steps, but it'll be more comfortable to stand on.

THIS IDEA IS copyrighted, patented, trademarked, and what ever else I can think up since no one else came up with it  ;D ;D ;D

Please in the future refer to this as the "Dr. Spa ice no more steps, keep from fallign on your a$$ and your lil tootsies stay toastier warmer thingamajig." Thank you for your suport......... now back to our regular schedualed programming........... I gotta go find some work to do......
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 06:45:54 pm »
Suprising, no one has the simplest answer......... Take an extra towel with you and lay in on the steps before you get into the spa and take it back in the house when you're done. Not only will it keep most of the water off the steps, but it'll be more comfortable to stand on.

THIS IDEA IS copyrighted, patented, trademarked, and what ever else I can think up since no one else came up with it  ;D ;D ;D

Please in the future refer to this as the "Dr. Spa ice no more steps, keep from fallign on your a$$ and your lil tootsies stay toastier warmer thingamajig." Thank you for your suport......... now back to our regular schedualed programming........... I gotta go find some work to do......

We would expect you to come up with the simplest solution, after all your age and everything!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 08:47:26 pm »
I found that if I just don't jiggle the glasses I don't get any ice on the steps in the first place.  Sheesh !!

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 09:12:23 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2004, 09:55:06 pm »
Stuart ! All this time and I never knew you were on a Mac !!

Nhbeacon

• Still a happy Siberian owner
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2004, 09:58:18 pm »

Please in the future refer to this as the "Dr. Spa ice no more steps, keep from fallign on your a$$ and your lil tootsies stay toastier warmer thingamajig." Thank you for your suport......... now back to our regular schedualed programming........... I gotta go find some work to do......[/quote]

As the Guinness commercial boys say "BRILLIANT!"

Now that you've made us all look stupid for not thinking of it in the first place!

Jan ::)
Maybe the Hokey Pokey is what's all about?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2004, 10:12:40 pm »
As the Guinness commercial boys say "BRILLIANT!"
Now that you've made us all look stupid for not thinking of it in the first place!
Jan ::)
Hey - some of us are smart enough to live where ice is not a problem...

;)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2004, 10:53:58 pm »
 "As the Guinness commercial boys say "BRILLIANT!" "

WHEW! Beats that other beer and the Real men of Jeneiouz  ;D

Dang it was cold here this morning...... 44 according to my car's thermometer.

Seriously though, I use the "Dr. Spa ice no more steps, keep from falling on your a$$ and your lil tootsies stay toastier warmer thingamajig" even here where it doesn't freeze. Helps keep this old guy's (tyvm stuart) tootsies from getting chilled when drying off.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2004, 06:21:23 am »
Got a couple bugs to work out on your steps Doc. When the towel was drapped over the steps last night and then it froze solid it would not come off the steps so I had to bring them inside.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2004, 06:21:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42