What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How to list for chemicals?  (Read 1785 times)

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
How to list for chemicals?
« on: December 22, 2004, 01:51:05 pm »
I have been reading through a lot of the old threads and learned a lot. I've had my tub for 5 months now and still struggle a bit with the water. I changed the water last month, during start up used Reserve, Metal Gone and PH lock (Leisure time products). I have a broming tablet floater (Leisure time Bromine) and use Renew as a shock weekly. I was also sold the blue Spa Clear, Enzyme, PH up, PH down and Alkalinity up. I did have to bump my alkilinity up but ph seems to stay good.

For the experts:
1. I was filling the bromine floater, but even with it on the very lowest my levels were really high, in one thread I read where someone only puts three tablets in, is that the way?

2. Can you provide a "how to" list with what chemicals you folks use (brand names) who are getting 4 months and longer out of your water?

I use my tub just about every night, about two or three times per week my girlfriend is over and gets in also. I just got a spa frog and put it between the two filters.

Occassionally my son gets in, not too often.

Is there someone on the forum that sell chemicals that I could support? Would be glad to for the expert advice.

Thanks,

Dan

Hot Tub Forum

How to list for chemicals?
« on: December 22, 2004, 01:51:05 pm »

huh?

• "42"
Re: How to list for chemicals?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 03:20:40 pm »
We use the leisure time but have chosen not to use the Reserve + Renew system.  We use the Renew as a shock for the Bro/Chlor.  In other words, I am not familiar with the Reserve system.  However, I do believe it is liquid bromine.  This would explain why your levels are too high.  I would consider either using the Reserve System OR the Bromine Float feeder with renew as a shock.  My company does have a website were you can order chems, But out of respect for other posters I will give it to you via IM if you request.
¿

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 03:52:18 pm »
Thanks! The Reserve product is granular that you put in at water change. It is supposed to give you a reserve of bromine that is activated by the Renew. I think. I'd appreciate the info on your website.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 03:52:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42