What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pacific Spas by Aber  (Read 3143 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Pacific Spas by Aber
« on: December 20, 2004, 07:58:03 pm »
I understand there's some "changes" going on with Pacific. Does anyone have any insight on the goings on there? ???

I haven't heard a great deal but many dealers are unhappy.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

Pacific Spas by Aber
« on: December 20, 2004, 07:58:03 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Pacific Spas by Aber
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 08:06:04 pm »
I don't know? Maybe I will email Craig and ask him (he may not answer after I called his product archaic!) ;D ::)

Phil

• Icefish daily, Hot Tub afterwards!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 09:49:27 pm »
I heard some things threw a unreliable source (x employee) but I spose there may be some truth to it!  All in all, we've had issues with that brand, the latest being a brand new unit freezing up.  It's obvious the customer has not checked the tub for at least a week because the tub had 3" of ice on it, as well as the plumbing lines being solid.  

Pulled the tub, brought it into our heated shop, turned the heat way down to let it thaw slowly, hopefully get away with no major damage.  Can't tell what the problem is until we can get it up and running.

The whole situation is kinda funny, we don't get a dime for pulling the tub and fixing the situation, yet the customer is still upset with us!  btw, we were at their home within 20 minutes of receiving the phone call that the tub was down :(

And people have the nerve to gripe about the price upfront :(

Somedays......................
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 09:50:55 pm by Phil »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 10:12:26 pm »
When the tub thaws and if your able to tell why it shut off and froze, will determine if it's a warranty issue or billable to the customer.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 10:12:34 pm »
Thanks Phil. I guess any brand can have those sort of issues given the right (or wrong) circumstances.

Being that there was ice on the surface means that spa was down for some time. I guess the key is trying to determine what caused the spa to stop running? Hopefully, there aren't any broken pipes within the spa once you get thawed.

The issue I was referring to was more of a "company issue" and not just product related. Feel free to send me a private message if you would prefer not to post it here. Thanks,

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 10:12:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42