What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The delivery guys just called.....  (Read 4549 times)

mhraracing

The delivery guys just called.....
« on: December 21, 2004, 09:56:07 am »
The new Caldera Geneva Utopia is on the way - shoudl be here in about an hour. !!!  ;D

The only problem is that it is -2 degrees out right now in CT.  Hopefully I can get it wired and wait for warmer weather - it is supossed to be 45 tomorrow !!!

Any advice on first start up in cold weather ???

Thanks
Caldera Geneva Utopia

Hot Tub Forum

The delivery guys just called.....
« on: December 21, 2004, 09:56:07 am »

Russ

Re: The delivery guys just called.....
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 09:59:55 am »
hey...too funny, I just got a call and my tub is ON THE WAY!!! suppose to be 35-40 degrees here today, so I'm filling mine today!

Congats on the new tub!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 10:00:25 am by Russ »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 10:04:57 am »
Keep the coffee hot for the delivery crew !! Maybe some hot water handy for hot cocoa or something - I don't know: we live in paradise!

But congratulations, and be sure to get photos for us.

May you soak long and prosper.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 11:08:23 am »
Way to go, racer.......may the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water.......
Have at least 2 hoses for filling if convenient.
And don't forget to tip those installers!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 11:09:50 am »
Keep the coffee hot for the delivery crew !! Maybe some hot water handy for hot cocoa or something - I don't know: we live in paradise!

But congratulations, and be sure to get photos for us.

May you soak long and prosper.

cookies always seem to invoke a certain sense of loyalty and responsibility in cold delivery guys with coffee! ;) ;D

mhraracing

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 12:49:46 pm »
Its here and installed. Very professional - The delivery guys - Spa Keepers  - were finished in under an hour.

One little snafu - we purchased a Hot Springs spa umbrella when we bought the spa - we figured it would be easier when the spa was empty. When the guys got here they knew nothing of it and told us it was $50 to install - I told him 50 bucks to slide the base under the spa ? The dealer never told us we would have to pay to install/slide base under the spa - so now we are a little uncomfortable looking at the delivery guys that are looking for $$.

The problem was solved with a quick call to the owner - but it made us a little uncomfortable. I actually lifted the spa and slid the base under myself so they really didnt do anything anyways.

As for a tip - the guys didnt want one when we offered it to them - they said they have two more deliveries to do and had to run.

Well its 22 degrees now...and I am building a little tent structure on the pump side of the spa and run a little space heater for tommorrow when we fire it up.

Cant wait.
Caldera Geneva Utopia

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 02:24:03 pm »
Man, that would be hard...tub in the backyard just waiting for some water!!!

Of course, mine sat in the backyard, full of water (it was September, not December) until I could get the electrical finished!!!

Tomorrow you will be able to forget about the wait and enjoy!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

jmig

• caldera geneva utopia
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 04:36:42 pm »
Glad the delivery went well They are really fast and its amazing the way they move the spa around looks like it only weighs a few pounds. I hope to have mine hooked up soon to as the next few days will be warmer.  The people at Sunwrights said to put the heater inside the tub with the cover on for 24 hours to warm the tub and melt any ice in the lines. My tub has been sitting for a week now maybe yours isnt as badly frozen although its been outside.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004, 04:51:09 pm »
The people at Sunwrights said to put the heater inside the tub with the cover on for 24 hours to warm the tub and melt any ice in the lines.

Wow - that's a new one on me !! Did it work OK?
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

jmig

• caldera geneva utopia
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2004, 05:00:10 pm »
Haven't tried it yet. Can't lock the electrician in as to when he'll be here, family you know ::)

mhraracing

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2004, 08:04:45 pm »
Wow - that's a new one on me !! Did it work OK?

Yeah - he told me the same thing....but I am not going that route - seems kinda dangerous......I constructed a mini-tent like structure on the pump side of the spa to get a greenhouse type effect. I will open the middle door to expose the pumps and run a mini-ceramic heater while I am filling it tomorrow. We have our Spa chemical class tomorrow at noon - then will come home to fill it up.

Hope everything goes well.

Opps - need to change my profile.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 08:06:03 pm by mhraracing »
Caldera Geneva Utopia

Phil

• Icefish daily, Hot Tub afterwards!
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2004, 09:41:16 pm »
We always make sure the lines are blowen out before delivery.  Then we try to fill with luke warm water, that helps to thaw out the little bit of water that may cause the pump impeller to be stuck.  It has worked for 11 years!  At the worst, have a nimco heater blowing on the equipment area while the spa is filling.  We have 6 startups before Christmas and its -20 at night here!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2004, 09:41:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42