What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Factory Shutdowns - deadlines for ordering 04s  (Read 3258 times)

BobRex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Factory Shutdowns - deadlines for ordering 04s
« on: December 20, 2004, 11:54:33 am »
Can anybody tell me when Sundance shuts down to convert model years?  I ordered a Cameo in October with instructions that I didn't want to take delivery until March (new construction).  The dealer agreed to the terms and said they would store it until I was ready.
Satuday I get a call from the dealer asking if I was still on target for that delivery.  I told them that everything was on schedule and then the dealer told me that they would be ordering the tub soon.

So I guess I'm wondering if I'll be getting an 04 or an 05.

Hot Tub Forum

Factory Shutdowns - deadlines for ordering 04s
« on: December 20, 2004, 11:54:33 am »

Chris_H

Re: Factory Shutdowns - deadlines for ordering 04s
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 11:56:30 am »
You will be getting an 04.  The 05 Cameo will not be available until later April or early May.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 11:56:42 am »
I gotta feel good about this dealer, willing to store it and checking with you before ordering.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 12:33:46 pm »
This time of year we quite frequently give the customer the option of paying more down on the spa so that we can order it in and store it or tell them the price and option differences on the new year models and let them decide if they prefer to just wait for that.

Either way there are quite a few dynamics in place that cause the dealer to try and get the customer involved more in the ordering, storing, delivery and payment. It gets kind of hard to juggle cash flow with the early buys and costs associated in owning a business so holding back less money will help alleviate some of the dealers issues.

BobRex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 01:35:01 pm »
I had a feeling I was still getting an 04, the dealer thought so too.  I just wanted to check.

This is a good dealer, they've been in business for over 25 years and were the only dealer in this area (Allentown / Bethlehem PA) to offer a wet test.  They carry both HS and Sundance and my saleswoman used to be the regional rep for HS - she got tired of being on the road and away from her kids.  It also turned out that I know her brother and that she (saleswoman) knows my mom and sister, so I might be getting a little better service ;D.

I may have paid a little more than some of you (about 8750 with Covermate 1, Ozone, and steps), but given this area I think I did well enough.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 01:58:24 pm »
I had a feeling I was still getting an 04, the dealer thought so too.  I just wanted to check.

This is a good dealer, they've been in business for over 25 years and were the only dealer in this area (Allentown / Bethlehem PA) to offer a wet test.  They carry both HS and Sundance and my saleswoman used to be the regional rep for HS - she got tired of being on the road and away from her kids.  It also turned out that I know her brother and that she (saleswoman) knows my mom and sister, so I might be getting a little better service ;D.

I may have paid a little more than some of you (about 8750 with Covermate 1, Ozone, and steps), but given this area I think I did well enough.

That is so refreshing to hear someone recognize the cost of doing business in their area might be more and that they have a dealer who will be there when they need them....I hope you enjoy your new spa and may you always get the quality of service you desreve....

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 03:06:56 pm »
BobRex

My dealer also sells both Sundance and HotSpring.  I would imagine to have both lines, the company would have to have been in business for twenty plus years.  It seems that the companies with good service and longevity do not compromise margin very much.  Best of luck with your new spa.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 03:06:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42