What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The natives are hot tubbin’  (Read 2927 times)

iggythewetcat

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
The natives are hot tubbin’
« on: December 17, 2004, 10:55:23 pm »
Several times I’ve read on this forum the question, “should I go 110 vs. 220?” Even I a novice-no-nothing with my weeks of hot tubing experience responded go 220. That’s what I had done assuming my tub would cool down quickly in our New England winters. I even got to test it. Though my tub was installed with 220 my electrician neglected to move the jumpers enabling the heater to work simultaneously with the jets. As a consequence I would get into my tub at 102 degrees and low and behold it did cool down some after 30 to 45 minutes. Finally I moved the jumpers myself. Subsequently the first time I got in it was immediately obvious the heater was working with the jets. Too obvious—the water coming out of the tub floor felt like it was coming straight from heck. I had to keep lowering temperature to find a comfortable level. I finally settled on 99 degrees. Does anyone else find it too hot with the heater going all the time? What temperature do you all keep your tubs set at? To you HS experts: I moved the top three jumpers in the panel (HS Jet Setter), that’s correct right? Is it safe to assume there’s no way to do it wrong so, say for example, the heater runs at full tilt? In retrospect it seems I could have gone 110 and saved on the installation.

Hot Tub Forum

The natives are hot tubbin’
« on: December 17, 2004, 10:55:23 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: The natives are hot tubbin’
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 01:39:52 am »
The water coming out of the floor is warm. No doubt. But it won't hurt you - other than to be uncomfortable. If you can't sit comfortably with the heat on, then you have two choices:

1. put the jumper back so that you kick off the heater by simply running the jets. The good news is: if the tub cools while the jets are on, you can just stop the jets and it will heat back up.

2. Turn the temp setting down. This will allow you to run the jets or not run the jets, and you won't get the hot water.

I find most of our customers simply find a way to sit with their feet or legs in another part of the tub - I know you have one of our smallest tubs, so that may not work for you.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 05:46:24 pm »
I have a tendency to keep my tub at 100-101.  That way I can stay in at least 30 minutes and get a nice soak!  I find, personally, that if I turn it up to 102-104 it gets a little too hot!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 05:55:58 pm »
I have a tendency to keep my tub at 100-101.  That way I can stay in at least 30 minutes and get a nice soak!  I find, personally, that if I turn it up to 102-104 it gets a little too hot!

Lori,
That's easy! You have to keep it turned down a bit because your sooo hot it causes the water to heat up when you get in....!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 06:18:50 pm »
Lori,
That's easy! You have to keep it turned down a bit because your sooo hot it causes the water to heat up when you get in....!

:-* :-* :-*

And look at you, over the 1000 posts mark!  You are in the top eschelon of posters now!!!  (of course, with the likes of Bill and Chas)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: The natives are hot tubbin�
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 06:54:34 pm »
And look at you, over the 1000 posts mark!  You are in the top eschelon of posters now!!!  (of course, with the likes of Bill and Chas)

Whoa - they'll let just about anyone post a thousand posts around here, won't they ??

Kidding. Congratulations on not having a life. I know how it feels.

;)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 12:53:53 pm »
Whoa - they'll let just about anyone post a thousand posts around here, won't they ??

Kidding. Congratulations on not having a life. I know how it feels.

;)

Hey now I'm in the club with.....well....Bill and.....Chas....and.................. ??? You mean your the only other guys in this club? So now I'm one of you?

:o :POh how I need a life....! ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 03:15:05 pm »
Hey now I'm in the club with.....well....Bill and.....Chas....and.................. ??? You mean your the only other guys in this club? So now I'm one of you?
Actually, we were thinkin' of renaming it the "1300 Posts Club," which would not allow you to maintin membership unless you sent us both some money.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 09:15:12 pm »
Actually, we were thinkin' of renaming it the "1300 Posts Club," which would not allow you to maintin membership unless you sent us both some money.

So then you would be like everyone else I know! Costing me something!

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 12:09:17 pm »
The water coming from the heater should be no hotter than the hi-limit tolerance in the spa.  For some spas, that is a max of about 114-118.  The heater will run at whatever voltage is supplied to it.  Think of it as a big resistor.  
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 12:10:47 pm by SerjicalStrike »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 12:09:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42