What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Winter Startup  (Read 2158 times)

dadkins

Winter Startup
« on: December 18, 2004, 10:00:23 am »
I have a brand new Caldera spa being delivered  to my house on Monday.  I live in Chicago and the dealer received the tub this week.  It has been stored outside.
My question is how warm does the tempature have to be outside to start it up for the first time?  Is there some residual water in the pipes or pumps from the factory that could be frozen and I should be concered about?  Do I need to wait for a break in the weather before starting it up?  

Thanks ,
Doug

Hot Tub Forum

Winter Startup
« on: December 18, 2004, 10:00:23 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Winter Startup
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 10:19:50 am »
Your dealer should start up your tub for you, as part of the delivery program. Do you have the electrical all ready to go, or can the electrician meet your delivery guys to get power to the tub as soon as it touches down?

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

dadkins

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 10:32:35 am »
The electric is being finished today.  Just need to connect it to the tub when it arrives.  I will talk to the dealer about start up.  He acted like it should be in the thirties to start it up last time I talked to him.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 10:48:34 am »
I have a brand new Caldera spa being delivered  to my house on Monday.  I live in Chicago and the dealer received the tub this week.  It has been stored outside.
My question is how warm does the tempature have to be outside to start it up for the first time?  Is there some residual water in the pipes or pumps from the factory that could be frozen and I should be concered about?  Do I need to wait for a break in the weather before starting it up?  

Thanks ,
Doug

Well if the temp is below zero I would wait. We used to tell people not to fill until they had 40 degree weather only as a warning. I couldn't wait if I got a new tub so I understand when people don't but it's a good idea to have some sort of heat source around when you do it, (i.e. a light that you can put in the cabinet)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 10:48:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42