What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally bought a spa!  Euphoria SA  (Read 4643 times)

vanbar6

Finally bought a spa!  Euphoria SA
« on: December 16, 2004, 07:05:38 pm »
Hello again all.  Just wanted to say thanks for all the help/knowledge you've provided.  

I purchased a Marquis Euphria Silver Anniversary Edition.  I was able to speak with the owner of National Pools in Bristol, PA (Dave).  He more than made up for the poor sales tactics of one of his salesman (from another post).  I feel I got a fair deal on a great spa, which is all I really wanted.  The delivery guys dropped it off today but the electrical is not finished yet but should be soon :-)  The delivery guys were very professional and helpful.  I felt it necessary to post about my positive experience with National since I posted when I had a negative one.  

I'm sure I'll be posting again as soon as I start messing up my water chemistry!

Thanks again to all and many thanks to Gary!

Barb

Hot Tub Forum

Finally bought a spa!  Euphoria SA
« on: December 16, 2004, 07:05:38 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Finally bought a spa!  Euphoria SA
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 07:13:42 pm »
Bravo Barb! Soon you will be in real Euphoria!

I would be interested in how your dealer explained the start up procedure with the Frog system?

Before you do anything else lets make sure that you pull your cartridges out for the startup and then I can help walk you through (unless your dealer has already done that).

I love the Frog system and think is the a great sanitation system but it is so new to most Marquis dealers that many have not "standardized" a start up procedure yet so I would be more than happy to help so you get the full benefit of that great spa!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 08:38:05 pm by stuart »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 07:32:28 pm »
I soak in the same spa each nite....Enjoy...... :D

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 07:53:09 pm »
Congrat's to you.

I also love our Euphora. We purchased our spa May of this year. Only problem was the LED light died. Dealer gave me a 24 LED for my 12 LED ;D ;D ;D
No Charge and twice as bright.

320GPM that alot of power.

Enjoy ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 08:32:54 pm »
Congratulations !

Welcome to spatopia.

Soak long and prosper.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 09:22:24 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

vanbar6

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 08:56:49 pm »
Thanks Stuart.  I'll need all the help I can get!  I didn't speak with the dealer about it much yet; we agreed to wait until delivery so it would be fresh in my aging mind...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 09:00:39 pm »
Thanks Stuart.  I'll need all the help I can get!  I didn't speak with the dealer about it much yet; we agreed to wait until delivery so it would be fresh in my aging mind...

No problem, feel free to PM, email or even just post here so that we can all share in it and I will help walk you through what I can.....

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 11:18:51 pm »
Congrats and welcome
Homeworks Financing Representative

spanewbe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2004, 11:21:12 pm »
Vanbar -

Congrats on your purchase.  I started another thread seeking purchase help from this board after we wet tested the Grandee and J-355 (J-385 was not full).  We were advised to look at the Euphoria and a few others.  Well, we just wet tested the Euphoria today and were mightily impressed.  My wife and I loved the following:  we each had a seperate deep corner seat that fit us well, then we could simultaneously each move to a cool down seat with jets where each cool down seat allowed us to rest our arms comfortably out of the water on the spas' shell (more skin comfortably out of the water), remaining seats were all comfortable and nicely jetted vs. too upright or design afterthoughts,  tri-zone optionality, good jet power, overall quietness of tub in virtually any mode that does not have the neck level jets going full bore, spa frog seems to simplify water maint, solid warranty and overall look of tub.    The only negatives we could come up with were: 1)  the lack of a good foot massage station for my wife.  The foot massage jets under the filters are too far away from the opposite seat for my wife.  The distance is perfect for me, but I don't care about foot massage -- I am focused on back therapy, 2) filter system has only 60 sq. ft of filter area vs. as much as 325 on the Grandee (not sure I know enough to claim this to be an informed criticism), and 3) dealer is an hour's drive away (not the dealer's fault, of course).  We did not miss the padded pillows and liked the no maint. aspect of the formed headrests.

A few questions for the Marquis experts out there:

If we buy a Euphoria, is the any difference between a standard Euphoria and the SA Euphoria?  and any reason we should target one vs. the other? (Based upon the pictures on Marquis' web site, I believe we wet tested the standard model -- forgot to confirm in the store).

Any reason to have any concerns about the filtration system square footage or any other aspect of the cleaning system?

What would be a fair price for a standard or SA (any difference?) including the usual items such a delivery, cover, lifter, steps (what else is normally included?)?  How much of price difference should we be offered to accept an 04 vs. waiting for an 05, which we have no problem doing since we are under no pressure to buy on any particular timeline?  The thread about the 05 Marquis upgrades seemed to include a few useful items, especially the maintenance interval alerts (water change, filter clean, etc.) and the floating remote.

We still intend to wet test the Sundance Optima, but we are pretty excited about the idea of a Euphoria at this point.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 12:57:56 am »
Yes there are some major differances between the Standard Euphoria and the SA. You might very well like the standard better for the very reasons you mentioned. I like the whirlpool jets in the standard Euphoria alot! My wife uses the foot jets from the side seats and loves it.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2004, 02:20:03 am »
The Euphoria is one of the top on my list also.  The only feature I'm not sure about is the sculpted seating arrangement.  For a family, I'm wondering if a less confining seating design would be better--something like a HS Vanguard.  Are there disadvantages to sculpted seats? I'm thinking they won't fit everyone.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 03:35:57 am »
I have found that it is something most really appreciate the different seating positions and the way that each seat offers a different a therapy point....the seats are not so confining that you are locked in nor do you have to position yourself just slide in slide out move where ever you wish......really it is a non issue....

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 09:20:39 am »
vanbar,

Muchos congrats on the new spa!  Your quality of life is about to experience a wonderful lift.

May the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water.....
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 10:07:45 am »
Congratulations Barb!!!

Glad you were able to find the right spa for you and your family!!!

Also, thanks for updating your experience.  Nice to know the dealer made up for the poor selling techniques.

Enjoy!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 10:29:20 am »
The Euphoria is one of the top on my list also.  The only feature I'm not sure about is the sculpted seating arrangement.  For a family, I'm wondering if a less confining seating design would be better--something like a HS Vanguard.  Are there disadvantages to sculpted seats? I'm thinking they won't fit everyone.

You will realy appreciate the sculpted seats when you or your wife want to get up and out a bit without missing out on the spa and massage. The seats allow you to get your heart above water yet still enjoy jets. I sold against sculpted seating for years until I tried it and although I still don't like being restricted I think that Marquis has found a way to offer the best of all seating options; big open footwell, compfort of the seat hugging you in place, freedom to move around and large open feel.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 10:29:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42