What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima foot jet problem  (Read 1934 times)

joungblo

Optima foot jet problem
« on: December 17, 2004, 11:59:53 am »
I have been lurking now for several months, this is my first posting. Based on this board (thanks) and wet testing, I went with the Optima. I have had it now since mid October. It has been working well except one of the foot jets has lost a considerable amount of pressure (maybe one half). Dealer came out and agreed that the jet is not up to pressure. Filter socks were removed, but had no effect. Filter has been rinsed off with no effect. All other foot jets are fine. Dealer thinks it may be blocked by something. He is calling sundance, but has not yet come up with a plan to fix problem.
Has anybody out experieced this problem?

Hot Tub Forum

Optima foot jet problem
« on: December 17, 2004, 11:59:53 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Optima foot jet problem
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 12:29:49 pm »
I had an air jet that was plugged once.  I used a small compressor used to inflate tires, etc and rigged some small diameter clear tubing to it and forced air through the jet while the blower was on.  After working it for a minute or so, the obstruction spewed out into the tub.

It is worth a try if you can get a compressor.  The foot jets are pretty much straight through jets and what ever is blocking it must be close to the jet end if all the others are working.  You also might try the same thing with water and a pressure nozzle.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 12:33:09 pm by tony »

joungblo

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 01:01:35 pm »
Tony,
Thanks for the info. How did you connect your tubing to the jet? From under the tub ? I am having trouble visualizing where to apply the tubing

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 02:12:24 pm »
I used aquarium type tubing and just stuck the end into the jet opening and used a clean rag to block any air from excaping.  I would alternate from blocking to unblocking and the obstruction came right out.  Now this was on an air jet, so doing the same thing with water on a water jet might work better.  I would try it with the diverter turned so that you got a low flow from the foot jets.  Use a garden hose with a nozzel and try different pressures, etc.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 02:12:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42