What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Our Thermospas serial number is in INK  (Read 4064 times)

sblass

Our Thermospas serial number is in INK
« on: December 16, 2004, 08:39:38 pm »
Is your spa's serial number written in ink?  Please let me know if this is common in the spa industry.    

We removed the panel of our thermospas spa to find  the serial number is written in ink, on a piece of white adhesive paper (similar to an address label).   The year is also written in ink.   Thank you in advance for responding.

Hot Tub Forum

Our Thermospas serial number is in INK
« on: December 16, 2004, 08:39:38 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Our Thermospas serial number is in INK
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 08:44:27 pm »
Many companies have that but also have a metal tag somewhere. Did you look around the base of the spa on the outside?

sblass

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 09:04:35 pm »
Yes, we looked and there is no metal tag.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 09:10:19 pm »
HotSpring uses a printed tag - may look fancier, but it's basically ink on paper - well, now that I think of it, it's not paper, it's some sort of plastic (waterproof) label with waterproof ink.

It comes with five tear-off mini-tags with the serial number on them, which we stick in the owner's manual, on the mail-in registration card, on the invoice, on the bag containing the owner's info, on the delivery sheet, and anywhere else we think will help.

Comes out of the computer, along with four or five copies which get stuck on the outside of the spa for use in shipping. Even THOSE have tear-off tags so we can grab a copy as we're loading the spa onto the truck or whatever.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 09:14:08 pm »
HotSpring uses a printed tag - may look fancier, but it's basically ink on paper - well, now that I think of it, it's not paper, it's some sort of plastic (waterproof) label with waterproof ink.

It comes with five tear-off mini-tags with the serial number on them, which we stick in the owner's manual, on the mail-in registration card, on the invoice, on the bag containing the owner's info, on the delivery sheet, and anywhere else we think will help.

Comes out of the computer, along with four or five copies which get stuck on the outside of the spa for use in shipping. Even THOSE have tear-off tags so we can grab a copy as we're loading the spa onto the truck or whatever.

Marquis uses a similar system...

poolboy34

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 11:17:57 pm »
D-1 uses a metal tag on the lower corner of the spa on the skirt.  Makes it easy to do inventory as i don't have to take the front panel off to read it since on the outside of the spa.  From how Chas described the label that hot springs uses, watkins does the same thing on their Caldera Spa Line.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 11:19:53 pm »
Jason,
Stop checking the forum from home. Get some sleep.
Homeworks Financing Representative

poolboy34

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 11:27:50 pm »
hey now, what about yourself???  I had a pretty busy couple of days rearranging my showroom.  It was worth it though, now i have to get ready to do the xmass shopping I've been putting off for this entire month :P

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 11:31:23 am »
Is your spa's serial number written in ink?  Please let me know if this is common in the spa industry.    

We removed the panel of our thermospas spa to find  the serial number is written in ink, on a piece of white adhesive paper (similar to an address label).   The year is also written in ink.   Thank you in advance for responding.

Lets just hope your written warranty from Thermospas isn't in disappearing ink!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 11:31:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42