What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: RE: Eco One  (Read 2248 times)

iggythewetcat

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
RE: Eco One
« on: December 16, 2004, 01:01:08 pm »
As always I enjoy the repartee between you spa experts as you pursue the holy grail of clean water, but I’m confused. I’ll read a recommendation from a fellow tubber and think, OK, Eco One sounds great—I’ll get some. On the other hand my water appears to (my novice eyes) stay clean using my dealers minimalist recommendation. He says with the H.S. ozonator and the silver ion system I need only maintain .5 amount of chlorine via concentrated chlorine on Sunday and Enhanced shock on Wednesday. I usually have to tweak the PH and TA. Would adding Eco One to my regiment be a logical enhancement? Are my dealer’s directions OK in your opinion?
Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

RE: Eco One
« on: December 16, 2004, 01:01:08 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Eco One
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 02:03:21 pm »
Stick with your dealer recommendations. You seem happy with the water. That is the most important thing.
Homeworks Financing Representative

tansu

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 02:20:54 pm »
All dealers are NOT knowledgeable and some only suggest what they sell, which may not be in the interest of the spa owner.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 02:44:17 pm »
All dealers are NOT knowledgeable and some only suggest what they sell, which may not be in the interest of the spa owner.

I wasn't saying what I said because I feel you should only trust the dealer, the advice seemed sound.

Someone correct me, but using Eco-One and Nature II would not only be expensive but somewhat redundant.

tansu

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 04:35:36 pm »

I wasn't saying what I said because I feel you should only trust the dealer, the advice seemed sound.

Sorry, I have been over-reacting since the election.

TCMarvin

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 04:50:28 pm »
No need for Nature2 with Eco One. The only product needed is a small amount of sanitizer. If the spa is not being used you can go for months without adding anything and it will stay clear. Just make sure you add some sanitizer before you get back in it.

The nice thing about Eco One is that it constantly keeps your plumbing clean, so you never need products like Swirlaway. I use to use Baqua and the crud it would leave in your pipes is NASTY. It got so bad at one time, a big chunk of it pushed out into my spa. It looked like tobacco tar.

If any of you have been using Baqua for longer than 6 months, take a long swab and stick it a few inches down one of your pipes and scrap the walls. Let me know what ya think.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 06:26:29 pm »

Sorry, I have been over-reacting since the election.

LOL, me too and I am Canadian!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 06:26:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42