What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: All I want for Christmas is....  (Read 3740 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
All I want for Christmas is....
« on: December 15, 2004, 02:58:29 pm »
I’ve thinking a lot about this Christmas season (of course) and I feel very lucky to be in the industry that I am. As people shop for a new iPod for their loved ones to listen to music by themselves or a new game controllers that they can play games alone or even a set of high end head phones so they can shut the rest of the world out, I thankful that we encourage people to spend their money on items that cause loved ones to interact.  

As we have all posted here many times, Spas bring families together in a great “gathering” environment. Pool Tables, Ping Pong, Foosball, Dartboards and other game room items encourage conversation and interaction instead of sitting in front of a TV screen and ignoring one another.

What I want for Christmas is family time! I don’t want a bunch of menial gifts that meant nothing more than a quick “this will do” decision at a mall somewhere, in fact, I would prefer a home made candle or picture frame or anything that meant someone put something of themselves into it.

Quite often we get into the realm of buying the coolest or latest gadget, spending a small fortune on Christmas yet not stopping our fast pace long enough to actually enjoy one another.

As you work your sales floor this Christmas season remember that your adding to the real spirit of Christmas with your wares by creating more family time!

Merry Christmas and thanks to all of you that help promote such a great industry and to all of you that give your time so freely on this board encouraging so many to join us in Spatopia!

BTW, what big things are all of you guys doing this Christmas with your families?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 02:59:48 pm by stuart »

Hot Tub Forum

All I want for Christmas is....
« on: December 15, 2004, 02:58:29 pm »

shoemaker

Re: All I want for Christmas is....
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 03:16:48 pm »
Hey Stuart,

We are gathering at our house for the Holiday. We will have 15 family members from age 81 to 18 months. I love this time of year because as you say, it's much more than just gifts. (Of which we stopped exchanging about 5 years ago.) Each family (within the Family) now makes a Donation to a local charity which makes a lot more sense than giving to each other. Not that we are rich, because we are not. But we had been exchanging gifts for almost 25 years and it seemed pointless when other people could use the help.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 03:20:58 pm by shoemaker »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 03:43:39 pm »
Hey Stu!

Nice post. This my babies first Christmas, so I anticipate that she will get spoiled as she is the first grandchild for both of our parents, and I think that is just great.

Luckily both our parents are located in the same city, so we will be staying at both houses, likely gatering as a larger group at some point. Next we travel for 6 hours so my little one can meet the only great grandparent she has not met yet. This will be a huge fanily gathering as my mother-in-laws family is comprised of 9 siblings.

I am more interested in receiving things that I need this year than things I might want. I did ask for a fancy 7 button mouse so that I can be even more lazy while spending time here.

I am most excited about spending time with my parents, her parents (Is it weird to like and get along with the in-laws?) and to see all the joy the baby will bring all of us.

HotTubMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 03:52:32 pm »
I want more chrome for my motorcycle ;D
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 04:05:19 pm »
I want more chrome for my motorcycle ;D

Isn't the pavement a bit hard on that stuff?        

zzaphod42

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 05:28:31 pm »
Congrats HTM!

I experienced something similar last year with my son's first Christmas. He was also the first for both sets of grandparents...though my sister had a little girl four months later.

Although non-religious, I am very greatful for the quality time that I get to spend with my family this time of year. A last minute "gotta get SOMEthing" gift doesn't compare with time spent with loved ones...not to mention the turkey dinner(s)  :) :) :)

Joe

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 07:21:42 pm »
Although non-religious, I am very greatful for the quality time that I get to spend with my family this time of year.

No matter, the closes thing to Heaven on earth that I know is when I little girl wraps her arms around my neck and says, "Daddy your the best!".  HTM, your in for a lot of increadible moments!

Shoe,
I gotta say, I commend you and your family buddy! That is exactly what I was looking to hear when I did this topic....

Yorag

• Big Cal Spas Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 07:50:49 pm »
....my dam* Cal Spa fixed. >:(

The wonderful, oh so helpful factory in Pomona is now jerking their authorized service tech. all around about the acrylic repair kits. It seems the kits cost $100 each and are supposed to repair about 10 blisters. Tech. got 2 kits thinking that would be plenty for my dozen blisters..well guess what...2 kits gone and only 2 blisters patched. :-/

At this rate it's going to cost me $1500 to repair all of the f'n blisters. I'm not even sure the spa is worth that....
The tech. is looking for another source for the acrylic patch kits.
If any of you have any ideas on this, please feel free to share them.
It's been almost 3 months that I have not been able to use my spa.  :'(

shoemaker

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 09:31:02 pm »

Shoe,
I gotta say, I commend you and your family buddy! That is exactly what I was looking to hear when I did this topic....

Thanks, Stu......

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2004, 04:55:10 am »
Well I will be spending my Christmas with my Wife in a Nursing Home.

While that does not seem like much fun, I feel fortunate to see a side of life that I have not been exposed to before.  Makes me feel humble.

I look at the Residents, some of them over 100 years old, and see them smile and I wonder about their life experiences and watch them interact with their extended families.

Anyway I wish you all Peace and Goodwill

Merry Christmas

Regards, Zz
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 04:57:57 am by ZzTop »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2004, 06:01:57 am »
Make your wife some ice candles for x-mas (if you live in a climate condusive to it) Take a 5 gallon bucket and fill it about 6 inches from the bottom with water, set outside. After it is completely frozen set a weighted coffee can in the center on top of the ice fill to top of coffee can. Here's where you can get creative, food coloring, bottom half, top half, pine bows, holly, any number of things you can freeze inside the ice. Use the weighted coffee can to hold your pine bows down inside the ice. After it has frozzen completely use hot water to remove the coffee can and hot water on the outside to remove it from the 5 gallon bucket, insert candle and wait for the oooows.
Retired

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2004, 06:03:18 am »
Don't pour water inside the coffee can pour it around it, had to clear that up. Ice cream bucket and a soup can will work to.
Retired

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2004, 07:33:32 am »
 :'( A new hot water heater...my spa fixed...an acceptance letter...safe passage to and from my grandparents house...a pancreas transplant for another Lorie (but thankful she got the kidney this year)...I could list a million things, really!

When I first read the title, I wanted to reply, "My Two Front Teeth"!!!  LOL!  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

xrdirthead

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2004, 07:39:28 am »
Thanks Stuart!
I sent this to my wife asking for a "family" present for Christmas this year......what could be better than a present that brings the family together to just sit, soak and talk.
(don't know if she'd go for the "Sarena Bay" but it's worth a shot)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2004, 12:54:04 pm »
Thanks Stuart!
I sent this to my wife asking for a "family" present for Christmas this year......what could be better than a present that brings the family together to just sit, soak and talk.
(don't know if she'd go for the "Sarena Bay" but it's worth a shot)

Well just be willing to take a step down and do the "Lotus Bay"! (ya, like that would be a step down) ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2004, 12:54:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42