What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Power outage and freeze questions ??  (Read 28840 times)

zzaphod42

Re: Power outage and freeze questions ??
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2004, 11:28:27 am »
You are right Stuart, this the main reason why a tub in Canada is less likely to freeze. The tub isn't quite sure what temperature is correct.......unless its a D-1 displaying in Celcius. ::)

That is one feature, that I wish we had. I am a Celcius guy through and through...except when discussing hot tubs! I highly doubt many of my customers would share my opinion though. Most are dedicated Fahrenheit fans.

Maybe we should all just agree to use Kelvin ??? On the plus side we would never have to put in a degree symbol anymore. :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2004, 11:28:27 am »

wetone

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2004, 11:47:47 am »

Wouldn’t that confuse the heater if the topside is reading in Fahrenheit and the outside temp is being measured in Celsius?

Yip... you guessed it, that one particular brand had a lot of issues with confused heaters when it got cold ::);D. Could not set the topside to Celsius, only displayed Fahrenheit.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2004, 12:23:33 pm »
That is one feature, that I wish we had. I am a Celcius guy through and through...except when discussing hot tubs! I highly doubt many of my customers would share my opinion though. Most are dedicated Fahrenheit fans.

Maybe we should all just agree to use Kelvin ??? On the plus side we would never have to put in a degree symbol anymore. :)

Joe;

You can get a chip from Balboa if you want yours to read in Celcius. We got one for a 350, cost $50 USD

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2004, 01:24:29 pm »

I you need the Kelvin scale to measure the temp in your spa, it must get REALLY cold where you live..... ??? ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2004, 04:04:32 pm »
I you need the Kelvin scale to measure the temp in your spa, it must get REALLY cold where you live..... ??? ;D

I set my tub to 560 Rankin.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

zzaphod42

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2004, 04:15:53 pm »

Joe;

You can get a chip from Balboa if you want yours to read in Celcius. We got one for a 350, cost $50 USD

HTM
I had heard that there was something available. To date, I have not had anyone ask for it, and I simply couldn't justify buying it for myself.

Now if Keith wanted to make it standard on the tubs without charging us any more for them, I wouldn't complain.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2004, 04:38:16 pm »
HotSpring and Tiger River tubs can be set up to read C or F Just change a jumper on the main board.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2004, 07:01:58 pm »

I set my tub to 560 Rankin.

Because you do science experiments with it an need more reference points right? ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2004, 07:01:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42