What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nature 2  (Read 3726 times)

RDF

Nature 2
« on: December 06, 2004, 09:49:42 pm »
I've been doing the Nature 2 dichlor thing for almost two years with much luck..  This last water change I thought I would skip the N2..  It's been about 8 or 9 weeks and I can't tell the difference.. Do you think it really does anything.. Ron

Hot Tub Forum

Nature 2
« on: December 06, 2004, 09:49:42 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Nature 2
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 11:02:02 pm »
It better, or do I have some cool stuff to sell you guys! ;)
Brewman
Brewman

xrdirthead

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 10:25:21 am »
I was thinking of using N2...maybe I'll think some more.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 03:12:21 pm »
Hi RDF:

Oh yeah, it does.  It depends on HOW much dichlor you were using previously.  If you were using MORE than what was recommended by N2 in addition to MPS, you probably WON'T notice a difference.  Remember, N2 only allows decreased levels of sanitation, it doesn’t REPLACE sanitizers.

I would bet that a bunch of people using N2 actually face this issue.  They end up ABOVE the recommended level and, consequentially, see no benefit.

Personally, I sometimes over-sanitize because of heavy use and kids, so I'm probably in the same boat.  I just did a water change and I'm waiting on delivery of N2 from an e-Bay dealer, so this time I'll try sticking EXACTLY on the N2 plan to see what will happen.

BTW, I don't know how much you are paying for N2, but here's a source for about $16.50 each, including delivery (click here).

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 04:22:26 pm »
I agree with Drewski.  I maintain with very little dichlor...about a tsp after use...with very few water quality issues.  I doubt I could get away with using this little without N2.  I do raise my level once per week to the 3-5 ppm range and shock when necessary.  I also use ozone.

UnderTheStars

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 05:03:22 pm »
For the last 3 months I've used the Leisure time mineral purifier.  I followed the directions (just enough dichlor to raise to 1 ppm and shock at least once/week - the 1ppm is 'cause I'm also using ozone.)  In my tub that's meant 1/4 tsp after each use. . .1/2 tsp. if I had a bunch of people in there.  That's an insanely small amount of sanitizer but hey. . .3 months and noooo problems.

It's time to replace it and I'm definitely going to continue with it.  I'm just trying to decide between the Leisure Time and the Nature 2.

xrdirthead

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 07:00:46 pm »
I just ordered some Nature 2 from the poolman on ebay.
3 shipped for 49.00....

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 02:04:30 pm »
I started using N2 about 5 months ago.  I did a water change about 1` month ago.  My water was sparkiling clear for the full four months in between changes and I cut my dichlor usage in half compared to not using it.  I definitely recommend it.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 03:34:22 pm »
I agree with Drewski.  I maintain with very little dichlor...about a tsp after use...with very few water quality issues.  I doubt I could get away with using this little without N2.  I do raise my level once per week to the 3-5 ppm range and shock when necessary.  I also use ozone.

I bet you could.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

RDF

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 09:11:38 am »
Every time my wife and I get out, in goes 2 tspoons of dichlor, next time we get in, no odor, super clear. I'm not knocking it, just curious what the benefit is to saving a tspoon after each use.

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 09:31:57 am »
Every time my wife and I get out, in goes 2 tspoons of dichlor, next time we get in, no odor, super clear. I'm not knocking it, just curious what the benefit is to saving a tspoon after each use.

One other thing that I have noticed is a lot less foaming since I have used N2.  My wife just loves to dunk no matter how many times I tell her not to... >:(...You can just see the foam and suds coming out of her hair....But I have noticed that the foam will be gone by the next use since I started using the N2.  I am not sure if it really has anything to do with it but I use to have to use my pool skimmer and skim foam all the time and now I never do.  

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 10:42:31 am »

When it was just me using my tub, I also expreinced this.  When the tub started getting heavier use, I started having problems.  That's when I switched to N2.

Just curious, using to present treatment regime, what's a common Cl reading for you?

Drewski
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 11:08:34 am »
Every time my wife and I get out, in goes 2 tsthingys of dichlor, next time we get in, no odor, super clear. I'm not knocking it, just curious what the benefit is to saving a tsthingy after each use.

Dichlor is by weight more than half cyanuric acid.  CYA is used to protect chlorine from sunlight.  It does not dissipate like chlorine, but stays in the water until you dilute it or change it.  The higher the level of CYA, the less effective chlorine is.  Generally, it is best to keep the level under 80ppm, but the lower the better.  Using only half the dichlor means half the CYA.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 11:08:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42