What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Welcome Arctic Fans  (Read 5140 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Welcome Arctic Fans
« on: December 09, 2004, 11:51:18 am »
I am not here to defend those aspects of the Arctic presentation that so many of us take exception to.

That said I think we should extend the same warmth and courtesy that many have extended to our newest member from Texas.

I don't think that Stabone (as misguided as many here may feel that he may be) was the only one showing a lack of respect and proffesionlism. To say "he started it" may true, but does not excuse disrespectful rebuttles. I was a guilty as anyone. I really took offence to the comments, but I then made fun of him by attempting to belittle him....not cool.

So to Arctic dealers, reps, execs and owners:
WELCOME
I hope we can all agree that our tubs are good. Lets all refrain from claims of superiority and play nice.

Jeff
aka HotTubMan
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 12:10:03 pm by ht-mod »
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

Welcome Arctic Fans
« on: December 09, 2004, 11:51:18 am »

Russ

Re: Welcome Arctic Fans
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 12:00:02 pm »
well put HTM.
You know, the first hot tub dealer I went to asked me what other brands I looked at. After I told him, he right away started picking them apart. Not telling me how well built his tub was, but telling me how poorly the built the competition was. He immediately lost a sale. Courteousy and HONESTY are two of my top priorities when I buy anything. From what I have read on here and other sites, based on the professionalism alone. I would not buy that particular hot tub.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 12:16:51 pm »
Agreed.

My local Sundance dealer was an absolute *terror* and he lost a few (at least 2) sales because of his attitude.

-Ed

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 01:22:15 pm »
Yes, all should be welcome here!  Opinions are very common, everyone has one!

It is nice to hear from a number of different points of view!

Jeff, thank you!!!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 05:38:26 pm »
Thank you Jeff, and I to apoligize for my comments I did not start with bad intentions, to anyone I offended I am sorry,
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 08:17:41 pm by stabone »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 05:43:23 pm »
I am not here to defend those aspects of the Arctic presentation that so many of us take exception to.

That said I think we should extend the same warmth and courtesy that many have extended to our newest member from Texas.

I don't think that Stabone (as misguided as many here may feel that he may be) was the only one showing a lack of respect and proffesionlism. To say "he started it" may true, but does not excuse disrespectful rebuttles. I was a guilty as anyone. I really took offence to the comments, but I then made fun of him by attempting to belittle him....not cool.

So to Arctic dealers, reps, execs and owners:
WELCOMEI hope we can all agree that our tubs are good. Lets all refrain from claims of superiority and play nice.

Jeff
aka HotTubMan

D'OH! I've been moderated!

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 06:32:49 pm »
D'OH! I've been moderated!

members' posts are being edited?
e

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 07:21:53 pm »
members' posts are being edited?

If any posts get edited there is a note at the bottom stating when and by whom.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 07:45:18 pm »
If any posts get edited there is a note at the bottom stating when and by whom.

sure, but not what or why... moderator editing ??? It must have been for grammar and correct puntuation.
e

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 08:10:59 pm »
Ed, two things before I end my Arctic pitch, one, no slits anymore in cabinet, even when there was, solid foam was behind them on the panel. Second, thermal panel tubs with insulation on the shell and cabinet trap warm air, it is trapped on both sides with insulation, potentionally over heating the air space, however heat will transfer through fiberglass, keeping  cabinets from over heating, fiberglass does not restrict the warm air like insulation, and with such a large surface area of fiberglass alot of heat is transfered to the water. I monitor cabinet temps,  temps are pretty consistant between 100 to 106 degrees.  One big thing you guys are not considering is that by not isolating the water with insulation the heat from the water is able help maintain the air temp in the cabinet, water cools slower than the air, this is beneficial in protecting equipment in poweroutage, or equipment failure,   while others are only heating water through the pipes as someone mentioned, we are using the whole surface area of the shell along with piping to get the max use from ambient heat in the cabinet.  In my showroom I heat the tub to 104, the water heats the air space along with the pumps, once it reaches temperature I unplug the heater,  I have had tubs in the showroom for months with no heater running, and taking the cover off during the day, and the tub can hold temps between 98 and 105 throughout.  In the cold ARCTICS DO NEED HEATERS, but buy recovering more heat created by the equipment that can actually be used to maintain water temps, improves efficiency in any weather condition. None of use have an official test that we all can agree on, so I DO NOT TELL my customers arctics are more efficient than others, only that I believe in this design, and with the other benefits of serviceability, and equipment protection from freezing in power outages, or equipment falure, makes it a good choice for cold weather climates. I am not a competition basher, I have even told customers looking for a style of tub that I don't offer, or wanting a tub that is going inside, models of other brands that may suit them better.  I no longer want to talk about arctics on this site, I am sure most of you will rip this apart and that is fine, I'm a better vocal person than paper and I am sure stated things in this writing  in a manner that can be disputed, I do respect all your opinions, and think everyone on hear is very knowledgeble and think there is alot of great information on here,  I only ask not to be disrespected and I will hold myself to the same standards of respect for you... If we all agreed on everything than this site wouldn't even exist.  I am willing to coexist on here, just not act like arctic is the only option for everyone, because I don't think it is.    

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2004, 08:23:06 pm »
sure, but not what or why... moderator editing ??? It must have been for grammar and correct puntuation.

Emp;

I quoted the comments that Stabone made that upset me. They were the ones that prompted Chas to post the brown inflatable "chick" balloon.....that is what got edited. Nothing less and nothing more.

Stabone;

I dont agree with some of what you said here, but I truly appreciate and commend you for backing away from claims of superiority.

I hope what you said about competitor bashing is true.

I really don't think anyone will "attack" if you defend Arctic in a logical, calm manner without claims of superiority.

HTM

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2004, 08:42:55 pm »
First off Stabone, I want to appologize for my part in the previous threads. Secondly, I do have a serious issue with you...

You need PARAGRAPHS in your posts to make it more reader friendly! Thank you... ;)

I believe I speak for a great many of us when I say that I hope you reconsider your action of not wanting to discuss Arctic Spas on this site. It's what we're all here for! The difference is, it can and should be done respectfully. Please understand there is a history here with similar posts from Arctic saleman and the frustration is something you took the brunt of. I'm sure we would all enjoy an adult debate on features and benefits and I persoanlly look forward to that. Understand that this just isn't some outsider coming to a forum and getting slammed because you're not in the "click". As I mentioned previously, we enjoy new members and we are getting sick and tired of the same 'ol people here... ;)

I hope you maintain a level of professionalism as we all should, and I look forward to future debates.

Steve

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2004, 08:46:41 pm »
we are getting sick and tired of the same 'ol people here...

NOW WAIT JUST A DANG MINUET!  >:(;D ;D 8)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 08:47:11 pm by stuart »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2004, 09:14:25 pm »
Now how did you know it was YOU I was talking about? ???

;)

Steve

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2004, 09:20:07 pm »
Now how did you know it was YOU I was talking about? ???

;)

Steve

;)guilty conscience ;)

Was that in retaliation for the ugly remark? :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2004, 09:20:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42