What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Education on Arctic Spas  (Read 53917 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Education on Arctic Spas
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2004, 10:48:08 pm »
I wanted to start simple for the poor guy and progress to the tough ones for him... ;D

Another Arctic guys leaves bloodied and bruised. It's a sad sight but a common one! :-/

Steve
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 10:48:32 pm by Steve »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2004, 10:48:08 pm »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2004, 10:53:13 pm »
Also, in those condititions you are refering, if your tub lost power how long would it take for your equipment to freeze up, being on the outside of your insulation

Stabone, Regaurding your climate controlled heating test. we all agree any spa will hold heat well in the showroom,so I have a few more questions for for.

Have you ever disconnected the heater on a tub outside?

What was the outside temp, and how long did you leave the heater off?

What was the water temp at the time you disconnected the heater? How did you disconnect the heater?

How long did the jet pump or pumps run? On high or low?

What size pumps and heater were in the spa?

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat awaiting your reply...

Spahappy

« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 03:59:03 pm by spahappy »

spahappy

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2004, 10:59:32 pm »
I have to go now, but will return,

I hope he means it...LOL

Spahappy :D

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2004, 11:20:44 pm »
I just read what you guys came up with while I was gone, and obviously you fellas are so far away from facing some facts, and talk about tip toeing around questions, You haven't even answered simple questions.  Then you spill this slop onto the screen like you really showed Arctic Again.  I understand though, I would hate to have to live with the fear of facing a superiour product as well, I can't wait till you guys are forced to sell a knock off Arctic design because yours will be a thing of the past. Enjoy your last days, on the top boys!!  Because you'll be lookin up soon, and maybe even asking for jobs.

spahappy

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2004, 11:28:25 pm »
I just read what you guys came up with while I was gone, and obviously you fellas are so far away from facing some facts, and talk about tip toeing around questions, You haven't even answered simple questions.  Then you spill this slop onto the screen like you really showed Arctic Again.  I understand though, I would hate to have to live with the fear of facing a superiour product as well, I can't wait till you guys are forced to sell a knock off Arctic design because yours will be a thing of the past. Enjoy your last days, on the top boys!!  Because you'll be lookin up soon, and maybe even asking for jobs.

It's you that refuses to answer questions. I asked you some straight forward simple questions and you continue to dance the dance.

Still waiting....

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2004, 11:30:59 pm »

Wouldn't that be a novel idea! Someone copying Arctic for a change instead of Arctic copying everyone else!

spahappy

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2004, 11:33:42 pm »
Well how should we enjoy our last days at the top before we have to ask Arctic for a job.LOL

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2004, 11:40:58 pm »
The evolution of stabone:

3:09pm
I did not put this up to argue with you full foam guys, I respect your products.

3:31pm
I don't think I said an Arctic was better than anything

7:32pm
do any of your products have <desc. of Arctic spa here>...   Don't think so!!!

11:20pm
Enjoy your last days, on the top boys!!  Because you'll be lookin up soon, and maybe even asking for jobs.

Wow... maybe it's the arctic DEALER, not the tub, that heats up the longer "it" is unplugged...

:o

-Ed

spahappy

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2004, 11:46:51 pm »
The evolution of stabone:

3:09pm
I did not put this up to argue with you full foam guys, I respect your products.

3:31pm
I don't think I said an Arctic was better than anything

7:32pm
do any of your products have <desc. of Arctic spa here>...   Don't think so!!!

11:20pm
Enjoy your last days, on the top boys!!  Because you'll be lookin up soon, and maybe even asking for jobs.

Wow... maybe it's the arctic DEALER, not the tub, that heats up the longer "it" is unplugged...

:o

-Ed

ROTFL

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2004, 11:48:22 pm »
I just read what you guys came up with while I was gone.

They didn't "come up with it" while you were gone.  This common sense was around longer than the duration you were able to pull yourself from the keyboard.

Do your own research on Coleman and hydropool.  Heck, use the search feature here.

Answer the more than 20 questions asked of you.

Each of your posts that ignore all questions are insulting to those who provided them to you and undermind your basic credibility.

-Ed
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 11:49:26 pm by ebirrane »

spahappy

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2004, 11:54:17 pm »
Stabone your cutting into my tubbing time.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2004, 12:00:21 am »

This is what happens when you drink the kool-aide. ;D

Unfortunately, there are some great people that happen to own Arctic spas but for some reason, the salespeople from this company want to eliminate any remaining credibility they might have. I don’t intend to insult those good people and I hope this post is taken in the manner in which it is intended.

As mentioned earlier by Mendo, the spas are OK. Very overpriced but OK. The company feels the need to hire morons to promote them and the result is what you have just witnessed. Nothing more than smoke and mirrors with no foundation of reality or truth. The only sharp ones are the marketing people that come up with this stuff and make the less intellectual ones tout it on forums like this and in their showrooms.

Nice try bone but there are far too many knowledgeable people on these forums for random BS and marketing gimmicks. As long as Arctic continues hiring people such as yourself and the mindless marketing campaign aimed at the people who don't have the time to compare, we'll be seeing you apply for a warehouse position very soon with one of us. People such as you don't succeed in this industry and that is a fact you take to the bank and not feel guilty bout cashing! Do yourself the favor of reading the archives here and educating yourself on conduct and accountability. Until then, you’re a child throwing a tantrum and just looking for attention...sorry pal, you've come to the wrong place.

Steve
(Show your brother this post Mendo! He’d be proud! ;) )

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2004, 12:19:37 am »
I just read what you guys came up with while I was gone, and obviously you fellas are so far away from facing some facts, and talk about tip toeing around questions, You haven't even answered simple questions.
Specify which ones and I'll answer them again. Heat the spa and unplug the heater? I answered it. Heat loss when the pumps are off? I answered it. Which system will make the pumps last longer? I answered it. Which is quieter? I answered it.  Sealed bottom - somebody else got that one, but I'll add that HotSpring has a sealed bottom, but it can be opened and resealed if needed. As a result, I would put our bottom up against a pan any day.
Then you spill this slop onto the screen like you really showed Arctic Again.
I find that with some folks it's real easy to know when thier argument runs out:   they switch to insults or other base techniques. Are you able to stick with this or not?
I understand though, I would hate to have to live with the fear of facing a superiour product as well,
I guess I can understand your fear - just not from personal experience.  
 - or perhaps I can't wait till you guys are forced to sell a knock off Arctic design because yours will be a thing of the past. Enjoy your last days, on the top boys!!
Thanks for acknowledging that Arctic is not on top. Rare in this type of discussions for one to be so candid. I admire that. HotSpring has sold well over 600,000 tubs in 27 years. Tiger River is among the top ten sellers, and it's a secondary line with only four models in three colors. Care to give us some numbers for Arctic?
Because you'll be lookin up soon, and maybe even asking for jobs.
Actually, I'm self-employed. Have been most of the time since I was about 15 years old. But thanks. I would love to know - upon what are you basing this prediction that some day Artic will advance to beat out all the many tub makers now standing between them and the top??
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 12:23:35 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spahappy

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2004, 02:09:48 am »

This is what happens when you drink the kool-aide. ;D

Unfortunately, there are some great people that happen to own Arctic spas but for some reason, the salespeople from this company want to eliminate any remaining credibility they might have. I don’t intend to insult those good people and I hope this post is taken in the manner in which it is intended.

As mentioned earlier by Mendo, the spas are OK. Very overpriced but OK. The company feels the need to hire morons to promote them and the result is what you have just witnessed. Nothing more than smoke and mirrors with no foundation of reality or truth. The only sharp ones are the marketing people that come up with this stuff and make the less intellectual ones tout it on forums like this and in their showrooms.

Nice try bone but there are far too many knowledgeable people on these forums for random BS and marketing gimmicks. As long as Arctic continues hiring people such as yourself and the mindless marketing campaign aimed at the people who don't have the time to compare, we'll be seeing you apply for a warehouse position very soon with one of us. People such as you don't succeed in this industry and that is a fact you take to the bank and not feel guilty bout cashing! Do yourself the favor of reading the archives here and educating yourself on conduct and accountability. Until then, you’re a child throwing a tantrum and just looking for attention...sorry pal, you've come to the wrong place.

Steve
(Show your brother this post Mendo! He’d be proud! ;) )

Well put Steve!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2004, 02:26:33 am »
stabone

It seems that how this got started was when you mentioned that your Artic spa can run all day with the cover off most of the time lose 6 degrees and than pick those 6 degrees back up by running with the cover on all night I think it would be very fair to assume somewhere close to 12 hours....I alluded to before what is the big deal.....I am sure that most any decent made thermal type spa would do  exactly the same thing... as Chas pointed out what is the point....what is the real usable benefit of that to someone....how many people are unplugging their heaters.....does it in any genuine way really matter...A FF would not have the same heat loss when the whole spa is shut down....now there is a real benefit in that but only in extreme cases....but what is the point you are trying to make....
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 02:30:31 am by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2004, 02:26:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42