What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Education on Arctic Spas  (Read 53904 times)

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
Re: Education on Arctic Spas
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2004, 11:24:31 pm »
and also if you where to push a couch with enough velocity and force parts of the couch would enter the key hole, and the rest would be croumbled on the outside of it, so in this case unfiltered, I am not knocking the hp filtering system, it is one of the best in the industry, like I said, it is better not to by pass the filter at any water velocity, any amount of filtration is better than none!!! I hear alot about being brain washed by manufacture mumbo jumbo, I think some of you are victoms of the same.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2004, 11:24:31 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2004, 11:24:33 pm »
If you are considering that water is the same density as a couch that would be great,

wow. That makes it all clear. Now I get it.

So - if I had a couch that was the same density of water, it would go through the car wash at 60, but come out clean unless it bypassed the filter alltogether, or got 'keyed?'
???
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2004, 11:31:42 pm »
wow. That makes it all clear. Now I get it.

So - if I had a couch that was the same density of water, it would go through the car wash at 60, but come out clean unless it bypassed the filter alltogether, or got 'keyed?'
 ???

Don't worry though, you would be safely standing on an Arctic spa cover with the other twenty customers at the car wash watching!

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2004, 11:34:22 pm »
How come I need to educate myself about you product but you guys seem to know nothing about arctic, we have a disposable filter that filters to 1 micron and is equivalent to  900 sq ft . Yes no more cleaning of the filter just take it out every 5 months and put a new one in for only 39$ canadian.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2004, 11:56:11 pm »
Glad you brought that up.

Let's see...I can purchase a filter for the same money and have it last 2 years. These "disposable" filters are lower quality and appeal to those people with more money than time. Yep, I guess if you don't have 20 minutes a month to put aside and more money than God, those make great sense. ::) Do I understand that you recommend keeping them in the spa for 5 months? ??? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :P

I find it interesting that you can't answer one of my questions but your topic was AN EDUCATION ON ARCTIC SPAS? I think the only thing you've shown is that Arctic deserves you. I know you won't take that in the manner in which it was written but I'm OK with that. ;D

Love and Good Cheer....

Steve  ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2004, 11:58:18 pm »
How come I need to educate myself about you product but you guys seem to know nothing about arctic, we have a disposable filter that filters to 1 micron and is equivalent to 900 sq ft . Yes no more cleaning of the filter just take it out every 5 months and put a new one in for only 39$ Canadian.

Good start. You just posted your first post which simply stated a feature that 'your' spas offer. Ok, there may have been a personal stab at the top, but you're moving in the right general direction. Keep it up.

Now - how's the track record on that filter? Is it similar to the Sundance Micro Filter? Do oils plug it up easily? What if I don't want to spend $40CAN every five months, can I swap to a conventional filter? Does it work?

One last question: knowing that Sundance has a big budget for engineering - and that they are years ahead of you on this micro-filter idea - can you explain what you know that they don't? What I mean is: why do NO OTHER makers, even makers with experience with this type of filter, use it the way you do?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 12:18:40 am by Chas »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2004, 11:59:23 pm »
How come I need to educate myself about you product but you guys seem to know nothing about arctic, we have a disposable filter that filters to 1 micron and is equivalent to  900 sq ft . Yes no more cleaning of the filter just take it out every 5 months and put a new one in for only 39$ canadian.

that is some very "creative math....sounds like a man tying to tell the woman hes with that each inch really makes three....like when there measuring...uhhh.....measuring string for kite or something... ;)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 12:11:57 am by Mendocino101 »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2004, 12:02:08 am »
it's called MAN MATH Mendo! We use it with fishing stories too! ;)

Steve

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2004, 12:07:20 am »
lol.....well I guess the size of the fish depends on the size of the worm....ok...ok.....that was way off topic.... back to matters at hand help me to really understand how one filter can somehow equal 900 square feet....900 sq ft is a 30 by 30 room......or bigger than a 2 car garage....this is just really hard for be to believe....
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 12:13:09 am by Mendocino101 »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2004, 12:20:20 am »
Arctic Math my friend...Arctic Math. It's something totally different. Take a standard comment, exagerate it, multiply by 7, add 50 and subtract 3. Then pay off an independant testing company to say it's all true.  ;D

Once you have established this skill, you are ready to open your own Arctic dealership. Congratulations! :P

Steve

G-white

« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2004, 12:21:33 am »
 I am one the the proud members of the arctic family

so i don't know how you all got led down the wrong

path but bring it on.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2004, 12:25:32 am »
Arctic Math my friend...Arctic Math. It's something totally different. Take a standard comment, exagerate it, multiply by 7, add 50 and subtract 3. Then pay off an independant testing company to say it's all true.  ;D

Once you have established this skill, you are ready to open your own Arctic dealership. Congratulations! :P

Steve

Not quite, first you need to buy a competitors old outdated spa from the late 70's early 80's (you know before Arctic was around), cut it in pieces, drag it behind your truck through a field, shovel an ant hill into it and sell the merits of your "forever floor" to an uninformed public that believes you because you've set yourself up as the only expert in the industry!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2004, 12:27:05 am »
Welcome new poster ::)

Careful G - these guys are rough on people who don't post until a contoversial moment.....

What model do you have, how long have you had it, and are you enjoying it?

What one feature are you glad it has, and what one feature do you wish it had?

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2004, 12:28:52 am »
OOO Hell YEA

poolboy34

« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2004, 12:31:55 am »
oh god, did somebody else drink the Kool-aid too?????

Oh YAY more marketing blitz.  Here's an idea.  Instead of regurgitating the arctic marketing spiel to us AGAIN, why don't you *Family members* take some time to actually compare your product to the other spas on the market and feature for feature tell us how and why yours is different and or better?????

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2004, 12:31:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42