What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Enzyme additive is causing foam  (Read 5343 times)

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
Enzyme additive is causing foam
« on: December 08, 2004, 09:14:36 am »
 After my first water change everything was great for a week. I went to my dealer with a water sample and he recommended  a calcium additive. while I was there he showed me a product called Spa Perfect an enzyme product that is designed to absorb oils etc. and keep filter maintenance to a minimum. I added 130 mls to my tub and now I have a foam problem, nice three inch bubbly clouds ,when I turn on the air and jets. Now what do I do? I,m totally upset I added this stuff to my water. thanks ,bobhol

Hot Tub Forum

Enzyme additive is causing foam
« on: December 08, 2004, 09:14:36 am »

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
Re: Enzyme additive is causing foam
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 10:01:27 am »
If it is like the Brite and Clear then the foam is normal.  According to the directions this is the product working to get the stuff collected and out of the tub.  I wouldn't run the air jets, most likely is creating extra foam, but run the jets for an hour or so and it should clear up.  At least that is what the Brite and clear bottle says.     :-/

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 11:50:01 am »
Spa Perfect works great but can cause foam, I add it on low speed with the air induction off. I also don't like to add it with a sequester like protect plus, I don't like the idea of one creating solutions while the other breaks down solutions and I thinks they counteract one another.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 12:44:25 pm »
Bobhol;

I notice many do not read the instruction on the package. If memory serves, you are using Refresh (SpaGuard) the package reads something like "Do not add.........until sanitizer level drops below 5ppm"

If you add it withy high sanitizer levels the foaming is worse and the product has almost no positive effect (enzyme + br/cl@5ppm= dead enzymes)

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 03:09:18 pm »
Thanks HTM. Your probably right. Ihad put a bag of spa-lite in about 12 hours earlier and didn,t take a reading for chlorine before adding  the enzyme treatment. I feel so foolish.(blush,blush) As usual the answer always shows up on this forum . I will try again AFTER a chlorine check. thanks,bobhol

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 03:09:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42