What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Grandee Pics  (Read 7272 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Grandee Pics
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2004, 10:41:10 am »
Aug 97, Steve"Hatchet Man" Case announces AOL has purchased CompuServe and welcomes us to the family and says there will be no layoffs.   Within 6 months, 1500 of us are looking for jobs.

yeah, but other than that......   ???
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2004, 10:41:10 am »

georgiapeach

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2004, 08:19:33 pm »
BTW - nice storage shed!! In California that would sell for $200K and rent for $1500 per month -  more if it had a toilet and electricity.

I had a neighbor who had a stamped driveway put in. Nothing huge, just a typical drive. But the crevices held a bit of dirt - as they will of course.

He spent hours out there with the hose, then we had a water shortage. So he switched to sweeping - then he bought a blower, which he only used if we were sleeping.

Finally he had a tile guy come out and grout all the crevices! It cost him a bundle, but I have to admit it made a nice driveway look even better, and we got to sleep better.

Now - can anyone tell us why a beautiful stamped walk or patio will still crack right across the surface and not in one of the stinkin' grooves???

Dang....I need to send pics of my house and you can tell me what that would go for in CA!  BTW...the shed does have electricity, but no plumbing...yet... :-)  

He grouted the crevices??????  Uummm....and I thought I was anal about keeping stuff clean...LOL

I sure hope mine doesn't crack!  See, you done it now...now you got me thinking that's going to happen to mine... Thanks Chas... :-(  
:-)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2004, 08:27:02 pm »
 :-[ :-[
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

georgiapeach

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2004, 08:38:08 pm »
:-[ :-[

Why the sad face?

UnderTheStars

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2004, 09:12:00 pm »
Now - can anyone tell us why a beautiful stamped walk or patio will still crack right across the surface and not in one of the stinkin' grooves

That's an easy one:  patio slabs and the like are refered to as "floating slabs" 'cause they are not connected to any foundation or anything that goes below frost line. . . they just rest on a gravel or sand bed.  When the ground freezes, one end will invariably be lifted more than the other.  Think of it as a 12' long "wafer" of concrete 4" thick.  Lift one end up an inch, the middle is unsupported and eventually gravity does it's thing & it cracks across the middle.  (Imagine putting an 8000 pound hottub in the middle of the concrete wafer. . .yeah, slabs crack.)

A "control joint" cut an inch and 1/2 deep will direct where the crack occurs.  But the stamped grout lines aren't deep enough to do that & the crack occurs across the face.

Floating slabs in non-freeze areas do the same thing only it happens 'cause the soil is "expansive" when soaked with water.
we now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 09:13:05 pm by UnderTheStars »

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2004, 09:15:15 pm »
Great job! That tub looks awesome.
I have the optima and i just got out of it, it's about 35 degrees outside and i hadn't used the tub in a few days.
I have to thank this forum to pursuade me to get a hot tub, what a feeling.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2004, 10:55:47 pm »
Beautiful tub!!  Great job, georgiapeach!!!

Nice back yard!  Sometimes wish mine was big, like that.  (Except when it comes time to mow!)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2004, 10:57:08 am »
Absolutely peachy, beautiful.....er.....I mean.....Absolutely beautiful, peachy!  Warner-Robbins isn't too far from Tallahassee--see you in a couple/3 hours! :D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

georgiapeach

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2004, 06:49:22 pm »

That's an easy one:  patio slabs and the like are refered to as "floating slabs" 'cause they are not connected to any foundation or anything that goes below frost line. . . they just rest on a gravel or sand bed.  When the ground freezes, one end will invariably be lifted more than the other.  Think of it as a 12' long "wafer" of concrete 4" thick.  Lift one end up an inch, the middle is unsupported and eventually gravity does it's thing & it cracks across the middle.  (Imagine putting an 8000 pound hottub in the middle of the concrete wafer. . .yeah, slabs crack.)

A "control joint" cut an inch and 1/2 deep will direct where the crack occurs.  But the stamped grout lines aren't deep enough to do that & the crack occurs across the face.

Floating slabs in non-freeze areas do the same thing only it happens 'cause the soil is "expansive" when soaked with water.
we now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

I have one thing to say....WOW!

georgiapeach

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2004, 06:51:24 pm »
Beautiful tub!!  Great job, georgiapeach!!!

Nice back yard!  Sometimes wish mine was big, like that.  (Except when it comes time to mow!)

Thanks Lori... :-)  I'm really happy with it...still have some landscaping to do around it, but that will come in time.  As far as the yard....I DON'T MOW!  That's the hubby's job.... :-)......the pecan leaves are finally all down for the most part...now that's a mess!  

georgiapeach

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2004, 06:53:11 pm »
Absolutely peachy, beautiful.....er.....I mean.....Absolutely beautiful, peachy!  Warner-Robbins isn't too far from Tallahassee--see you in a couple/3 hours! :D

LOLOL....Thanks... :-)  If you're coming now, it's raining... :-(  No hot tubbing tonight....yea, yea...I know....what's gonna happen, I'll get a little wet, right?  LOL

georgiapeach

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2004, 06:54:22 pm »
Great job! That tub looks awesome.
I have the optima and i just got out of it, it's about 35 degrees outside and i hadn't used the tub in a few days.
I have to thank this forum to pursuade me to get a hot tub, what a feeling.

It's about 50 degrees here, but it's raining... :-(  No hot tubbing for me tonight.... :'(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2004, 06:54:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42