What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sleep Study  (Read 6151 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Sleep Study
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 01:55:39 pm »
I got home late from curling last night so I didn't use the tub, big mistake.  Carrying a couple dozen stones around that weigh 43 pounds can make you sore.
And isn't there some form of ICE involved in that sport as well? I would think there would be a path worn from the car to the spa by now....
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 01:55:39 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2004, 02:50:51 pm »
And isn't there some form of ICE involved in that sport as well? I would think there would be a path worn from the car to the spa by now....

Its a new club, dependent on people helping out. Since we are there late, I get there early and help setup, my specialty is getting the stones out and on the ice to cool down.  That way when the games are over and everyone starts cleaning up, I can say I've done my part and go straight home.  Usually there are more people there to help me, but everyone was oogling over our new sweatshirts.  There are 10 teams playing and each team has 8 stones that weigh 43 pounds. I guess I brought out 75% of them, so I lifted over a ton of stones two at a time, one in each hand (they have handles.)

I probably carried them a distance of 40 ft.  This morning I couldn't lift my head off the pillow, I had to put my hand behind my head and lift it up.  This is whyI bought a hot tub, but got home late last night.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 02:53:27 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2004, 04:30:08 pm »
This morning I couldn't lift my head off the pillow, I had to put my hand behind my head and lift it up.  This is whyI bought a hot tub, but got home late last night.
Your tub helps you get your head off the pillow? That's a feature I've never even imagined. Cool.

Now- this 'hurling' you speak of: what's the average age of the person involved??

Nhbeacon

• Still a happy Siberian owner
Great for hot flashes
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 07:24:10 pm »
Not that many could relate to this on the board, but going in the hot tub before bed eliminates me waking up with a hot flash. 365 days in a year and before the hot tub I use to wear socks to bed 330 nights because I was always so cold at night. Now I sleep like great at night after a soak in the hot tub! Saves on the Tylenol pm!

And the Narcolepsy, yeah, I could see someone getting into trouble b/c I have caught a few zzzzs just relaxing in the tub. But then those kids come out and want one thing or another, and I am wide awake again. ;)
Jan
Maybe the Hokey Pokey is what's all about?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Great for hot flashes
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 09:00:46 pm »
Not that many could relate to this on the board, but going in the hot tub before bed eliminates me waking up with a hot flash. 365 days in a year and before the hot tub I use to wear socks to bed 330 nights because I was always so cold at night. Now I sleep like great at night after a soak in the hot tub! Saves on the Tylenol pm!
I'm going to see if I can work that into my sales presentation. I bet HotSpring fights Hot Flash better than any other tub out there.

Hmm.

But I will keep this in mind. Mrs. Chas is headed for

[this post was interrupted by a household appliance being hurled at the poster. If it hadn't still been plugged in, who knows what damage might have been done.]

;)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2004, 09:26:20 am »
Mrs. Chas is headed for

[this post was interrupted by a household appliance being hurled at the poster. If it hadn't still been plugged in, who knows what damage might have been done.]

;)

Wow, didn't know they made electric rolling pins......... :D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2004, 11:41:23 am »
I'm going to see if I can work that into my sales presentation. I bet HotSpring fights Hot Flash better than any other tub out there.

Hmm.

But I will keep this in mind. Mrs. Chas is headed for

;)

Was it plugged into a GFCI protected circuit? ::)
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2004, 12:51:02 pm »

Was it plugged into a GFCI protected circuit? ::)

if it was I hope it had a long cord....

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2004, 07:18:05 pm »
I'm going to see if I can work that into my sales presentation.  ;)

BTW Maam, you look like your old enough for hot flashes, this tub will really help ease the bitchiness and discomfort.

Yea, I want to watch that sales pitch.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2004, 07:19:05 pm »
Now- this 'hurling' you speak of: what's the average age of the person involved??

Our group covers from the early 20's to mid 70s and it about 66% male.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2004, 07:19:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42