What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermospas Product & Service  (Read 5717 times)

sblass

Thermospas Product & Service
« on: November 29, 2004, 11:32:19 pm »
12/1   Thank you all for your input.  Thermospas terms of the contract is that you may cancel 3 days after signing the contract.  Unfortunately, the spa has been delivered.  Due to contract discrepencies, we have not connected the electric.  We are hoping to get a full refund and return the spa.  If you are religious, I believe we will need all your prayers.  Thanks again.

Do you have any info on Thermospas in regard to product and service?  We signed the contract for a Cheaspeake Standard for a few bucks short of 7,000.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 10:50:34 pm by sblass »

Hot Tub Forum

Thermospas Product & Service
« on: November 29, 2004, 11:32:19 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Thermospas Product & Service
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 01:55:06 am »
Bummer. So sorry to hear that.

Will pray for you.

:(
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 11:01:35 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

autoplay

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 06:22:13 am »
Egads!   If you just paid for it,I would suggest getting your money back ASAP.

As Chas said,look at the reviews of TerminalSpas on this board and others. I've yet to see a good review other than a couple that were posted by dealers.

If you can get out of it,I highly suggest Wet Testing  Hot-Springs,Caldera,Marquis,Sundance,Jacuzzi,D-1 etc etc.

Wish ya luck

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 09:45:21 am »
Cancel the contract, get your money back, and do some comparison shopping with other spas.

Tell the salesperson you want to wet test some of the competition.  The watch is face and feet as he tap dances to keep you from cancelling.

Don't underestimate the value of a local dealer.  If you have any questions or need support, they are there for you.  Can't say the same for any mail order, Ebay, internet, or big box purchase.

Brewman

Brewman

poolboy34

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 11:40:49 am »
If you are happy with your decision then I'd say you got a pretty good deal.  I've heard of customers paying CONSIDERABLY more then you did for a thermospa.  On the flip side, I can think of quite a few brands that offer models in the same price range that come standard with more features as well as having the added peace of mind that they are supported locally in or near your place of residence.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 12:19:57 pm »
sblass,
I'll bet that you haven't wet tested a Thermaspa or any other spa.  The Thermaspa marketing strategy makes it very easy for you to shop--as long as you only shop for Thermaspa--right in the comfort of your own home.  And those "For today only......" pitches can be very motivational.  As others in this thread have said, do yourself a BIG favor and back out of this purchase gracefully and wet test, wet test, wet test.....and find a local vendor, if possible.  A purchase of this magnitude is deserving of a thorough search.  Good luck.
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 01:34:26 pm »
Is the 3 day cooling off period on contracts just an Ohio law, or do other states have something similar?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

VADave

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 02:55:55 pm »
It's the law in Virginia also.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 05:22:57 pm »
I think it's a pretty common thing for door to door sales, to have a cooling off period.  I know that we have it here in MN as well.
Brewman
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 06:20:55 pm »
I think it's a pretty common thing for door to door sales, to have a cooling off period.  I know that we have it here in MN as well.
Brewman

I think you can expect the thermospas sales guy to guard his commision very strongly. He'll come up with every excuse as to why you can't back out starting with the always convenient "the order has gone through and they've already started building the spa".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 11:03:21 am »
No doubt about that one.  
Actually, I'd love to see the Thermospa script for their salesman.  Especially the section on overcoming objections, and talking people out of cancelling during the cooling off period.

I used to work in an office that sold those adjustable beds door to door, and their sales scripts were a hoot.
Brewman
Brewman

sblass

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004, 10:58:26 pm »
12/1   Thank you all for your input.  thermospas terms of the contract is that you may cancel 3 days after signing the contract.  Unfortunately, the spa has been delivered.  Due to contract discrepencies, we have not connected the electric.  We are hoping to get a full refund and return the spa.  If you are religious, I believe we will need all your prayers.  Thanks again.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 09:52:14 am »
I am praying for ya!   ;)

Jonathan

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2004, 08:19:30 pm »
12/1   Thank you all for your input.  thermospas terms of the contract is that you may cancel 3 days after signing the contract.  Unfortunately, the spa has been delivered.  Due to contract discrepencies, we have not connected the electric.  We are hoping to get a full refund and return the spa.  If you are religious, I believe we will need all your prayers.  Thanks again.

There are a select few that actually enjoy their thermospa. If it's already been delivered and the 3-day period is exhausted, unless you have hard and solid evidence the salesmen mislead you (ie told you it would cost X, and now cost XYZ), you may be out of luck getting them to take it back. Fill it up and relax. Afterall, it's SUPPOSE to be for relaxation, right?  What specific issues do you have with it. Is anything non-functional or is it simple buyers remorse?
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

sblass

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2004, 09:12:19 pm »
We have notified ThermoSpas in writing of our concerns.  Hopefully, we will get a quick response.  I will post the letter I sent to ThersoSpas, if we are not happy with their response.  In the meantime, I could use your help.  Can you tell me if the serial number on your spa is engraved on a metal plate with the year and the model number?  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2004, 09:12:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42