What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How much FOAM is normal ?????  (Read 2883 times)

jayslater

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
How much FOAM is normal ?????
« on: December 03, 2004, 03:12:13 pm »
Everybody talks about foam and I am wondering how much foam is normal?   When I am in my tub with all the jets open and both pumps going I get some foaming on the surface of the water.  As soon as I shut the jets off, the foam disappears and the water is always spotlessly clear.  I use dichlor regularly with a Nature II cartridge, and an Ozonator.

Hot Tub Forum

How much FOAM is normal ?????
« on: December 03, 2004, 03:12:13 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: How much FOAM is normal ?????
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 03:26:17 pm »
Jay, that sounds pretty normal. There are many things to consider re:foaming. There have been many posters like yourself that have asked in the last month or two. Did you try the search function yet? If you do that, and dont find ant info, let us know.
Homeworks Financing Representative

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 03:29:04 pm »
Jay, you say on the surface of the water.  To be sure we are talking about the same thing, I consider foam to be anything above the surface of the water, that stacks up like in a bubble bath.  Many/most tub inject air into the water via jets and it takes a while for all of that air to break down and clear up.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 03:53:15 pm »
Jay, you say on the surface of the water.  To be sure we are talking about the same thing, I consider foam to be anything above the surface of the water, that stacks up like in a bubble bath.  Many/most tub inject air into the water via jets and it takes a while for all of that air to break down and clear up.

Anything that goes away within a few seconds of turning off the jets is fine.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 03:53:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42