What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Small Hot Tub?  (Read 4662 times)

momiguana

Small Hot Tub?
« on: December 01, 2004, 09:35:29 pm »
I need a small hot tub/spa for a small deck. I have looked at the Dream maker X-400 and the Freeflow RLX15. they both plug into 110v and are under 6 1/2 feet. Does anyone have one of these of know if they are a good one.  Does it stay hot ? are the jets strong enough? Is it comfortable? Do you have any other suggestions?  THank you,  Debbie

Hot Tub Forum

Small Hot Tub?
« on: December 01, 2004, 09:35:29 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Small Hot Tub?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 09:55:26 pm »
You said small, but both of the spas you mentioned  are real cheap. They are rotationally molded - very much low-end tubs with minimal equipment and basic jet systems.

The Jetsetter by HotSpring is small but not cheap. It is like a sports car: not real big, but real well equipped. Better control system, better filtration, better insulation, better shell, better looks, better warranty, bigger company backing it, more options, more fun...

The Solana spas are all less than 6' 6" and come in round, suqre and triangular. They are less than the Jetsetter, but still not real cheap.

All are backed by Watkins - the HotSpring people.

HotSpring.com

SolanaSpas.com

You will find that most of the major brand-name spa makers offer small tubs. You will also find that there are spas which are cheap to buy, and spas which are cheap to own - but very few which are both.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 10:38:26 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 09:56:24 pm »
Oh, one more thing: you should wet test whatever spa you are looking at.

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 11:27:58 pm »
I carry Freeflow as well as the above mentioned Hot Spring models.  Most every manufacturer will have small models.  Artesian has a small model in their Island series called the Santa Cruz.  Nordic has some small economy models as well.

Nordichottubs.com
Artesianspas.com
Measure once, cut twice.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 03:28:11 am »
IMO, Marquis makes the best line of  smaller 110 spas available out there today but, hey, that's just my opinion!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 10:41:18 am »
IMO, Marquis makes the best line of  smaller 110 spas available out there today but, hey, that's just my opinion!

The opinions expressed by Stuart do not necessarily represent the views of the management or sponsors of "What's the Best Lawnmower.com"   ;)

But the point is well taken: there are lots and lots of tub makers who offer small tubs. What are you looking for?

momiguana

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 04:16:06 pm »
I have room for a hot tub that is about 5 X 7 I would like a few jets especailly for my husbands back. I only have regular plug ins. I am worried if the hot tub can heat itself on the 110    plug in. I like water to be 104 degrees.  Thank you for the help so far I have been looking at the hot tubs you mentioned so far.  Thank you sooo much.  Debbie

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2004, 06:22:48 pm »

When have you not had an opinion?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 03:26:21 am »
I have room for a hot tub that is about 5 X 7 I would like a few jets especailly for my husbands back. I only have regular plug ins. I am worried if the hot tub can heat itself on the 110    plug in. I like water to be 104 degrees.  Thank you for the help so far I have been looking at the hot tubs you mentioned so far.  Thank you sooo much.  Debbie

Here are a few;

Marquis Spirit, D1 Triad, D1 Companion HP, HotSpring Jetsetter

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 03:29:04 am »
BTW, I have had less than positive experiences with Dream Maker, Freeflow has been OK but more service issues than I'm typically used to. Not a lot of feature in either, very little jet performance.

poolboy34

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 10:03:31 am »
you also might want to consider the eclipse by Hawkeye spas, and the Triad II by D-1, you might still be able to find a Triad by D-1 on the market, but they will be tough to find.  Also take a peak at Hot Spring's Solana Spas Line.  The X-Spa-Dition by Dreamaker is what it is............a 110 Volt small tub with decent jet action.  A decent value, BUT if you look hard enough you should be able to pick something up for around 1500-2000$ more that will offer you more features and peace of mind for your money.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 & Caldera Dealer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 10:03:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42