What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone watch Monster House???  (Read 3416 times)

poolboy34

Anyone watch Monster House???
« on: November 30, 2004, 11:58:34 am »
Ok, I admit it, i watch it and love this show.  BUT I have one gripe.................Cal Spas?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  Now it's pretty obvious that most of the homes on the show are built in or near the state of California.  So there has to be a way we convince the OTHER manufacturers out there to get their products on the show i.e. Hot Spring, Caldera, D-1, Sundance, Marquis, to name a few.....  Any Thoughts????  I have to admit though that some of the installs they've done on the show could make a spa tech cringe: The dinosaur house (spa enclosed in a volcano), the roman house where they tiled in the cabinetry with no apparent access to the equipment compartment.  

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 & Caldera Dealer

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone watch Monster House???
« on: November 30, 2004, 11:58:34 am »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Anyone watch Monster House???
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 12:08:19 pm »
Hey Jason,
I think they need to hire a full time spa consultant--and you are just the guy!  Go get'em, tiger..... :D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

spaguyohio

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 12:16:57 pm »
Didnt catch that, HOWEVER the season premiere this year of "Extreme Makeover - Home Edition" did put a spa in for the family. Hmmm, guess which one they picked?

YEP!

Drum roll please ... Master Spas LSX 1050 FST.

This was done right, just out on the deck behind the house.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 12:29:15 pm »
I figure these shows approach all kinds of vendors, and get freebies or really deep discounts in exchange for the product getting seen on the show.  
Maybe some businesses don't want or need the advertising.
Brewman

(Who's brand of pool table was seen in the movie "Tombstone")
Brewman

poolboy34

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 12:44:22 pm »
Exteme makeover home edition also used a D-1 Spa last spring on one of the episodes, and the "best Damn Sports show Period" featured D-1's Sarena Bay in a segment on Ultimate father's day Gifts.

poolboy34

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 12:46:10 pm »
Thanks for the kudos Windy ;)  But I Think I'll pass due to the load all of my current responsibilities I have.  

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 01:59:18 pm »
FYI, "This Old House" used an Artesian Piper Glen (:D) last year also...  Could you believe Norm had a flannel colored swim suit?

Drewski
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 05:56:38 pm »
FYI, "This Old House" used an Artesian Piper Glen (:D) last year also...  Could you believe Norm had a flannel colored swim suit?

Drewski

gawd, I hope it wasn't a Speedo........ :P
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 06:27:17 pm »
Didnt catch that, HOWEVER the season premiere this year of "Extreme Makeover - Home Edition" did put a spa in for the family. Hmmm, guess which one they picked?

YEP!

Drum roll please ... Master Spas LSX 1050 FST.

This was done right, just out on the deck behind the house.

I heard what happened on that was the Producer saw an add for a Spa Show with multiple brands. He was running short on time and budget so he figured he'd go there and shop the show and leave with an order. When he got there he found that it was really a Master only show and being under the gun he had little choice.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

salesdvl

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 11:41:52 pm »

I heard what happened on that was the Producer saw an add for a Spa Show with multiple brands. He was running short on time and budget so he figured he'd go there and shop the show and leave with an order. When he got there he found that it was really a Master only show and being under the gun he had little choice.

You Master Basher!  ;D  The Dog's gonna get you.
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 11:41:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42