What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thanksgiving...  (Read 8139 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Thanksgiving...
« on: November 23, 2004, 02:49:04 pm »
I was just thinking about what all I needed to give thanks for this Thanksgiving (and most of the time).

I’m thankful that I was guided to an industry that I could not only have fun and be passionate about but help people reconnect with their families and revive their inner selves.

I'm thankful that I have a guiding hand on me that helps me make the decisions that I have to get where I am.

I’m thankful that I have a wife that understands the Herculean effort it takes to run a business the size of ours at this point and supports me through it. I’m thankful for all of the times I missed dinner or a family activity and was met with a smile instead of a frustrated frown when I got home. Instead of saying “YOUR LATE” she says “Did you sell it?” or “Did it go okay?”.

I’m thankful that I have been able to gain the friendships with customers, employees and other industry pros throughout this journey.

I’m thankful for the Passion I see for what we do voiced here everyday with (for the most part) a professionalism that makes me proud to be part of this forum.

I’m thankful that I was able to partner with the manufactures and vendors that I have so that I could offer products that I was very proud of to my customers.

Finally, I’m thankful that I was giving the skills to provide for my family in the manner I have and afford luxuries like Spas and Recreational items that increase our family time.

Oh yeah, I’m also thankful that I was able to buy my spa wholesale!! ;)

I have many, many more reasons to give thanks but I thought these were a few that would relate to the forum! 8)

BTW, I'm also thankful that someone else is hosting our thanksgiving and all I have to do is eat and watch football! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

Thanksgiving...
« on: November 23, 2004, 02:49:04 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: Thanksgiving...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 03:01:49 pm »
Nice sentiment, Stuart!!!

I, too, am thankful for many things...

One more year to spend the holiday with my Grandparents (who are 90 & 85)...

My wonderful husband who supports me in any endeavor I wish to take on, especially when I insisted on having a Vanguard...

A wonderful boss, who, just when I want to walk out the door and never look back, makes a wonderful, generous gesture that just leaves me speechless (he may not pay me what I'm worth, but he gave me HIS tickets to the Big 12 Championship Game in KC, that I told him I would buy for my Dad for Christmas)...

To live in a free country (my in-laws would be proud of me for this one)...

I know most weren't related to hot tubs, but I felt like expressing my gratefullness!!!

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this board, for the lively discussions, for the laughs, and for the knowledge!  I couldn't have managed my tub this easily this past year without all of you!!!

Thanks!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!  (It is a little late for the Canadians on the board, but the wishes extend to you all as well!!!)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 03:21:46 pm »
Wait, a few that I forgot….

I’m thankful for the following WTBHT forum items.

Chas is not in my area and I don’t have to sell against him, Steve didn’t go to work for James and he’s going to buy me dinner in Vegas in addition to the fact that he lost his original posts so I’m ahead of him, HotTubMan forgave me, Spahappy is not 6’5” at 250lbs and coming to kick my but, Mendocino got his store open, Spatech agrees with me, we got a moderator like Bill that has a sense of Humor and is in touch  with the personalities of the members on this forum, Chaser found out how to use spell check, WindSurfDog and I have a truce, I sold more spas than Rocket this month, Salesdvl came on the forum, Mr Happy is not posting anymore, JA is banned, I don’t sell Arctic, I don’t sell Master (anymore), My computer hasn’t crashed for the last 10 minuets, Vinny really isn’t “connected”, empolagation has a Marquis, Brewman will be giving us all free samples for Christmas, Drewski is relaxing more, Lori hasn’t lost her sense of humor and sweetness over the short jokes, Zztop conned me into coming on this board, I haven’t been kicked off yet for being to obnoxious, and all the other people on this board that frequent it so much! Oh, I forgot – I’m thankful Chas is no longer in the land of the banned! Almost forgot - I'm thankful that Doc still likes me and will get my covers done this week ;)

What I’m not thankful for; Chris and Poolboy don’t work for me but I’m glad I don’t have to sell against them!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 03:25:51 pm by stuart »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 03:34:38 pm »
Stu, you beat me to this post by a day, I was saving it for tommorow when things slow down at work.

You can't have too many friends and I'm thankful for the electronic friends I have made here in the 20 months I have been a spa owner.  Thanks for not making too much fun of me for ,despite not having any real expertise, accounting for about 3% of the posts here as somebody nicely pointed out to me recently :)

And thanks for a win over Michigan and for the new coach the Browns will get on Monday.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 04:43:06 pm »
By NO means will I EVER bring politics to this forum, but I came across this article the other day and, after reading it, I realized JUST how thankful all of us should be that we can enjoy our spas.

It's a Pulitzer quality read.

God Bless 'em...

Medics in Iraq Battle for Comrades

Drewski

:'(

It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 05:35:02 pm »
Wait, a few that I forgot….

Spahappy is not 6’5” at 250lbs and coming to kick my but,

Great post Stuart! LOL

Spahappy  :D

Note =- Spa happy forgot her closing quote bracket.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 01:35:26 pm by wmccall »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 05:57:24 pm »
Nicely put stu! I feel much the same and although our Thanksgiving passed already (thanks Lori ;) ), I do wish all my US friends here the safest and happiest Thanksgiving.

It's going to be an honor to meet some of you at NSPI and it's professionals like Stuart that make me proud to be apart of this industry. I wish more of you could make it but there's always the BBQ in Banff this summer right? ;)

BTW Stu, I forgot my wallet so you'll have to buy! ;D

Steve

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 06:07:41 pm »
I sure am thankful for this forum.
While kept under control it is not ruled with an iron fist by a "my way or the deletion highway" overlord. The industry professionals, dedicated owners and intellegent shoppers that comprise this forum community not only help to educate all spa folks at large but are also a model for how wonderful it is to be part of spatopia in and out of the tub.

Gobble gobble!.
e

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 08:36:52 pm »
Well, big picture stuff:

I'm glad Christ died to reunite me with God. Nothing I could do would ever allow me to earn that, and I'm sure not going to turn my back on it. Thank you Lord. And my whole family is going the same direction.

Also:

God continues to bless our family - We have two kids who have never been the traditional teenagers. I have worked with young people many years as a youth pastor and know what a blessing that is. Let me tell you we are thankful!!!
We have a 21 Y/O son who we are very proud of. He helps with the deliveries and repairs, in between classes at the local community college. He already has his AA degree, and a couple of IT licenses from Sisco - and he really is a great young man. We'll miss him terribly when he and our money go off to a four-year college. Funny thing: he thinks I'm kidding when I tell him I have friends all over the country who will be glad to check up on him (you fine people).
We have a 15 1/2 Y/O daughter who is about to learn to drive. She's still home schooled, and is a very bright, polite young lady who people enjoy having around.
We also have a bonus family: a single mom who my wife and I took under our wing. Two teenaged kids who are our honorary grandkids. More people to spoil!!! I love it !! We try to bless them, but we always end up being the ones who get blessed.

Active in our church - great people working for us, just too much to list.

Finally - as Stuart so eloquently stated: I'm glad to be back from the land of the banned.

;D :D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D :D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 07:38:44 am »
In the spirit of Chas' post the things I'm most Thankful for.

Us in Disneyland 2002
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 08:43:24 am »
Bubba stu,

Thanks so much for starting this thread and for all the thankfulness it has allowed each of us to share.  This is a special place and I am thankful for everyone here and thankful that you allow me to be a part of your lives.   Extra thanks goes to the Terminator (aka wmccall) for taking the time to keep such a great atmosphere.

Some extra special thanks go to everyone in our armed forces that risk their lives so that we can enjoy the freedoms for which our forefathers worked so hard.  Though we are not without our faults, I am EXTREMELY proud to be an American and thankful for our way of life and those who make it so.  Our court system may not be 100% fair, our leaders may not make the right calls 100% of the time, but we have the best court system and the best leaders in the world and I wouldn't trade any of it for any country's.

Best of Thanksgiving wishes to each of you--WSD
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

spahappy

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 10:22:42 am »

Great post Stuart! LOL

Spahappy  :D

Note =- Spa happy forgot his closing quote bracket.

Thankyou wmccall, feel free to correct any spelling errors as well..LOL

I would like to thank everyone who contibutes their wisdom and experiences here. I've gained so much from reading the dealers and owners questions, answers and advice.

I'm thankful my kids are healthy and well adjusted teenagers.

I'm thankful my husband is the man he is, and he loves me.

I'm thankful we'll be sharing the holiday with friends and relatives some from far away.

I'm thankful we live in a county where we all have the freedoms we do.

Have a great turkey day everyone!!!

Spahappy :D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 02:45:12 pm by spahappy »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 06:35:01 pm »
Hey spahappy, are you going to rewarm the leftovers in a TP spa cabinet?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2004, 07:55:19 pm »
In the spirit of Chas' post the things I'm most Thankful for.

Us in Disneyland 2002

Hey Bill, that isn't Goofy the girls are standing with is it?

Could be one of the Country Bears but we know for sure it isn't one of the 7 dwarfs........ ;) ;D

Your family looks very happy, your a lucky guy.

spahappy

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2004, 08:26:11 pm »
Hey spahappy, are you going to rewarm the leftovers in a TP spa cabinet?

Thats where I'm roasting the bird tomarrow. Gives me extra room in the oven for side dishes. Ahh the smell of roast turkey while hottubbing, can't beat that! lol

Spahappy :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2004, 08:26:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42