What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Tubs, Old Water?  (Read 2320 times)

TubbinSoon, now we be tubbin

• Wot the
New Tubs, Old Water?
« on: November 12, 2004, 08:53:54 am »
Seems like draining does not remove 100% or water and there are pockets of water in pipes and crannies that may be a tad ripe by time tub is installed?

Not sure how long it takes water to "spoil" when standing and not able to evaporate. I think the Marriott chain no longer installs bath type hot tubs due to questions on cleanliness and perhaps more so on breathing the vapors inside. This is at their resorts. For instance they have them at Williamsburg and Orlando but not the new Ocean Watch at Myrtle Beach.

Can you assume that if there is water in a tub that it was tested for proper operation? I would guess this is not a 100% test as the heater is probably not hooked up and it would take to long to see it the temperature controls work.

So, just what kinds of tests are done at factory? Maybe I would rather have one off the dealer floor that has been used? That way I know it held water and all features worked?

It would not be hard to check pressures but is pressure the same as flow? No way. But you need pressure to see if there are leaks. How can this test be done? External piping and monitoring just for factory testing? Or do you fill 'em up and look under with a flashlight?

Hot Tub Forum

New Tubs, Old Water?
« on: November 12, 2004, 08:53:54 am »

Chaser1

Re: New Tubs, Old Water?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 10:49:37 am »
How much the spa is tested prior to leaving the factory is very different per each manufactures. Some man. will test the spa completely. Fill it heat it and run it to make sure all parts and pieces are working prior to departure. Some fill them test them prior to foaming and after foaming and some don't test them at all.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 12:58:06 pm »
HotSpring pressure tests and water tests each spa. They use heated, chlorinated water which is filtered and kept clean. They have to - workers' health and the ability to see all jets working require clean clear water.

Once the test is done, they recycle the water by drawing it out of the spa through filters and returning it to some tanks.

Then the spa is dried out as completely as possible, including blowing out certain systems and applying suction to others.  They even use good old-fashioned towels and such. BUT - there will still be some areas of the plumbing which will hold water.

We (talking about my stores) follow the factory recommentation to do a chlorine shock as soon as we fill the new spa in it's new home. Takes care of the whole thing quickly and easily. And the customer will not be getting in for a min of four hours anyway - longer for a spa running on 110 volts
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 12:58:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42