What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Velvet Touch = FOAM!!!  (Read 5562 times)

steve771

Velvet Touch = FOAM!!!
« on: November 06, 2004, 09:58:55 pm »
Due to a little skin dryness, we felt we wanted to try some sort of moisturizer.  Leisure Time makes "Velvet Touch Spa Moisturizer", so we figured it they made it for a spa, it must be ok, right?  WRONG!  I thought I was in a bubble bath!  After 'scraping' the foam out of the tub, I had to use foam down to get it under control.  I write this for info to others in case you are considering this stuff.  I don't think it did any harm (that I can tell), but I'm not going to be using it again!

Hot Tub Forum

Velvet Touch = FOAM!!!
« on: November 06, 2004, 09:58:55 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Velvet Touch = FOAM!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 10:40:18 am »
Not sure about velvet touch.

SpaGuard has a borate that, if used excessively will result in foam.

Was this a liquid or powder? Are you sure you dosed it correctly?

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 12:22:07 pm »
Due to a little skin dryness, we felt we wanted to try some sort of moisturizer.  Leisure Time makes "Velvet Touch Spa Moisturizer", so we figured it they made it for a spa, it must be ok, right?  WRONG!  I thought I was in a bubble bath!  After 'scraping' the foam out of the tub, I had to use foam down to get it under control.  I write this for info to others in case you are considering this stuff.  I don't think it did any harm (that I can tell), but I'm not going to be using it again!

We sold it for a very short time and found it foamed. The best approach to dry skin is a good moisturizer after tubbing. My co-worker also sells Avon she gave me the idea to put skin so soft in a spray bottle. It's fast, convenient, and you don't need someone around to rub it on your back!

Spahappy :D

TCMarvin

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 02:44:28 pm »
We like Eco One for dry skin. It reduces the overall amount of chemicals used in the spa and the product uses coconut oil to make your skin feel soft and smooth while you soak.

Even though you can add a skin softener to your skin when you get out. You are still damaging your skin by drying, then rehydrating, over and over. The best way to maintain soft and clean skin is to eliminate or reduce what is causing the dry skin in the first place. The constant drying and rehydrating is not good for your skin.

steve771

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 04:53:39 pm »
It's a liquid, and it calls for a couple squeezes.  I always go on the lighter side when adding things, so I'm sure it was at the recommended level or lower.  I put it in the bathroom for use as a bubble bath! (oh, and wrote a zinger to Leisure Time too)

steve771

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 02:43:10 am »
Well, I got my response from Leisure Time to my inquiry.  They basically said it was my fault, that there "must" be something wrong with my water.  Except I had told them that my water was in balance except for the pH being a little on the high side.  Responses like these guarantee I'll never buy another leisure time product again.  (thanks for letting me vent a bit!  :'( )

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 08:41:00 am »
Just something if you want to try..  I had the same problem you did (maybe not as much foam but still), my tub has a filter cycle at 6:00pm and we soak usually around 8ish so I put the Velvet Touch in for the last 30 minutes of the filter cycle (no foam) and when we got in at 8ish no foam either.  Now our skin felt smooth but not as smoth when the stuff was put in when we got in.   But I just hate to waste something if it will still do the job.  Of course YMMV.  

steve771

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2004, 12:37:39 am »
Thanks Todd, but I think I'm gonna pass on velvet touch (or any other LT product).  I'm still battling a little foam, but it only occurs when I have the jets on full blast.  The foam dissapates in a couple minutes after shutting the jets off, so I can live with that until I do a water change.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2004, 12:37:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42