What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Brooke, how did the Pergo turn out?  (Read 5112 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Brooke, how did the Pergo turn out?
« on: March 15, 2006, 11:44:15 pm »
How did the Pergo floors turn out Brooke? Was it easier or harder than you anticipated? My wife wants some installed in our kids bonus room upstairs. Post some pics when you have time. I'm sure it looks great.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Brooke, how did the Pergo turn out?
« on: March 15, 2006, 11:44:15 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: Brooke, how did the Pergo turn out?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 10:14:16 am »
Man, you have tight dealdlines and expectations, huh.   :)  We haven't started it yet.  We are still in process of tiling the bathroom.  J wanted that done first.  We should be done in the next week or so with that.  But we have vacation coming up in the beginning of April, so I think we will probably wait till the first of May to do it.  Plus the neighborhood association is getting strict on CC&Rs and we got letters this weekend saying we have to paint the house (which is less than 2 years old, the paint job... not the house), replace the fence (the 1/2 we didn't do), etc.  If I can't win appeal, $$$ may go to that instead.  Hopefully not.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 10:25:17 pm »
I'm so sorry. :-[ I thought I read somewhere that you finished your flooring.  Take your time.  Good luck with the neighborhood police.  ;D
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brookenstein

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 11:40:24 pm »
No need to apologize.  We shoulda been done by now.  My mom is flying in next week and so I had every intention of being done before she got here, now I just hope to have a toilet installed in the bathroom by then.

autoplay

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 01:37:59 am »
You're tiling your bathroom?  Walls and/or floor?

Need any tips?

autoplay

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 01:39:20 am »
Oh,here's a good site for tile/stone...

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/

Brookenstein

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 09:41:08 am »
We are just doing the floor.  We got all the pieces cut/chipped last week and dry fitted and just have mortar them down.  

Thanks for the help.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 12:10:45 pm »
You got a letter telling you that you HAVE to paint your house?  
In your opinion, is the house needing paint?

Just wondering.

Brewman

Brookenstein

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 12:42:40 pm »
You got a letter telling you that you HAVE to paint your house?  
 In your opinion, is the house needing paint?

Just wondering.

Yes, the letter says we have until the 30th of March to paint the house (we got the letter Saturday).  We have owned the home since Aug 04 and the house was painted prior to it being listed for sale.  The house looks like it was painted yesterday.  There is not one spot that even looks like it needs to be hosed off.  I talked to our person at the management company and apparently more than 200 letters were sent out.  She is noting my file for the time being and said the board of directors will send someone out to re-evaluate it.

The other letter said we have until the 23rd (we got it Wed) to repair the back fence.  There is nothing wrong with it, so once again she is noting the file and someone will re-evaluate and let us know what to do.  I'm guessing they either a) don't like that we have 1/2 wood 1/2 vinyl fencing (though you don't see them meet from street it is covered by the house) or b) they don't like that I added the bamboo reed fencing around the hot tub to give us privacy.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 03:08:32 pm »
 Boy, they sure didn't give you much time, did they?

Hopefully common sense will prevail and they'll see that your home doesn't need this work.  And if they don't like your fence you'd think they'd say what they thought was wrong with it, like citing some association bylaw that forbids your fence stuff.  

Maybe it's time for you to run for Association President.
I bet you could get Terminator to pose for some campaign posters.  Something like-

"Vote for Brooke for Association President, and nobody gets hurt"  Something like that.

Good luck with the association, though.

Brewman

Brookenstein

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 04:31:10 pm »
Looks like I'm buying Pergo today... Home Depot has some on sale for more than 50% off...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 05:45:37 pm »
Hey I have a bunch of Pergo in my house. I did it all myself and I gaaaaaauruntee you will love it. Opt for the thicker pad instead of the white cheapo stuff. Get the proper install tools and a good fine toothed blade for your table saw.
Retired

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 08:22:14 pm »
Associations are good for miscommunication....UGH.
As far as the fencing......if it's over your bamboo, let 'em know that you tub in the NUDE with your 90 year old GRANDMOTHER who's "slightly overweight, and can't shave anymore but SUCH a nice woman!!" (nude also), but if they REALLY want that fencing down.....you want no letters complaining, or asking for a better view!  ;)
RIP C-Rod

Brookenstein

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 09:25:31 pm »
Boy did I score.  I think I got almost as good of a job on my floor as I did on my tub.  I paid $9/box (21 sq ft) for 8mm 25yr warranty Floormaster laminate flooring (regular price was $43/box).

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 06:19:20 am »
Can't tell you how to install that kind. They all have different tounge and groove set up and a little different install procedure so? Should be close to the same (fine toothed blade to cut)
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 06:19:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42