What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Noisy Optima Diverter Valves  (Read 2908 times)

clevelandguy

Noisy Optima Diverter Valves
« on: November 07, 2004, 07:51:53 am »
I thought the newer model Optimas were supposed to have this problem  solved but I got mine a month ago and they are still noisy.  Any way to fix this?

Hot Tub Forum

Noisy Optima Diverter Valves
« on: November 07, 2004, 07:51:53 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Noisy Optima Diverter Valves
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 09:17:21 am »
Not really. These spas (and others) move a lot of water, and the valves are pretty close to the outlet of the pumps. This results in some noise. HotSpring went to a six-outlet valve with an open center and it helped a lot. But then they introduced the HP versions with bigger pumps, and they do make noise in certain positions. Not all positions, but some.

I have found that I don't use the one position on my Vista that makes one of the diverters noisy, so I'm lucky. But if I do want to, I set my folded towel on it and the noise goes just about away.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 11:15:10 am »
I remember reading a post where a guy pulled the diverter lever and put silicone in.  Not sure, do a search and you might find it.

Jonathan

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 11:15:53 am »
My Cameo is the same - very noisy when they are in one certain position.  It is really bad whne pump 1 in on high.  I try to just not put them in that position, so far have not lost any enjoyablity (real word?) in my spa.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 08:32:50 am »
Try just pulling off the diverter knob.  It's hollow and acts as an amplifier.  That may reduce the noise a bit.
I did put caulking on the underside of the diverter knobs, and it did reduce the noise.  It did not eliminate it, but it did reduce a bit.  
I heard Sundance was coming out with quieter valves, I take it that this hasn't happened yet.
Brewman
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 01:16:59 pm »
I have been asking about the new diverter knobs, but my dealer knows nothing about them.  Clear silicone does a pretty good job.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 01:16:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42