What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Should we switch to Nature 2 ??  (Read 5420 times)

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Should we switch to Nature 2 ??
« on: October 29, 2004, 07:33:57 am »
We have been using Baqua Spa chemicals since July in our Tiger River Caspian.  We can not get clear water, always hazey, foam, etc. We are going to refill again for 3rd time this weekend and our dealer wants us to switch to Nature 2.  We have no ozone.  We use our tub at least 5 days a week.  My question is do we need a ozone system with Nature 2 and should we make the switch?? Please help we need your opinion on Nature 2.   Thanks, Lynnette   ??? ???

Hot Tub Forum

Should we switch to Nature 2 ??
« on: October 29, 2004, 07:33:57 am »

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
Re: Should we switch to Nature 2 ??
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 08:54:15 am »
Ozone is not a requirement for Nature2.  I've been using the Spa Frog (which I'm told is the almost the same thing as Nature2) and have had clear clean water.  I have not heard positive things about Baqua but I think there are a few people on this board (Brewman for one??) that do use it and have good results.  

There are lots of reasons that cause foam (check out the thread on it)  and as for hazy water have you tried any clarifiers (?) to see if that helps.?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2004, 08:56:08 am by ttodd1 »

Top_Cat

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 09:15:00 am »
I have noted that many spa owners recommend Nature 2. I was skeptical but finally tried it. I like the results, but the recommended dosage of MPS does lower the ph some and I have to watch it. Prior to using N2 I had a ph of 7.6. It now drifts down to 7.2 and I have to add a little baking soda about every 2 weeks. The TA stays around 100.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 09:20:55 am »
Funny you should bring that up ttodd, I am seriously considering bailing on Baqua and trying some other routine, such as bromine or dichlor.

It's been challenging the past few water changes to keep that coughing thing under control.  It doesn't bother me as much as it does Mrs. Brewman.  She's to the point where she doesn't enjoy being in the spa because of the coughing and throat irritation.  

Darned if I know what went awry.  The first year or so we didn't seem to have any problems using Baqua.  Our dealer doesn't seem to know much about the stuff, they sell Brilliance as an alternate to Baqua.  I believe Brilliance is a bromine based system made by the Baqua people.

I'm probably going to switch over on our next water change, later in November.
Brewman

« Last Edit: October 29, 2004, 09:22:56 am by Brewman »
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 10:57:45 am »
I like Nature2 partnered with a little dichlor after use and a weekly shock of either dichlor, non chlorine shock or a combo of both.  This gives you very good contol over the sanitation of your spa water and you soak in very little if any chems.

I am not a fan of N2 with non chlorine shock only (no real sanitizer and lots of mps added).

ttodd1

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 11:48:04 am »
Funny you should bring that up ttodd, I am seriously considering bailing on Baqua and trying some other routine, such as bromine or dichlor.

Darned if I know what went awry.  The first year or so we didn't seem to have any problems using Baqua.  
I'm probably going to switch over on our next water change, later in November.
Brewman

I guess I should have kept my "mouth" shut....   :-X  Maybe they changed the formula of Baqua, you know how Coke did and messed it all up.....

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 12:45:50 pm »
I never liked Coke.   It always made my nose itch and made me sneeze.  Oooops wrong forum again.

just kidding.
Measure once, cut twice.

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2004, 07:29:28 am »
     Thanks for everyone's reply.  I am probably going to switch this weekend to Nature 2.  Went to our dealer yesterday trying to get them to go 1/2 price for start of kit, they have to ck with another manager.  They know right from July we had problems with Baqua.  Nature 2 is a lot cheaper than Baqua spa also.  Does anyone think we should purchase a ozone system ?  We don't know much about ozone, would it be worth spending the money ??     Thanks, Lynnette

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 08:43:32 am »
Try it w/o the ozone at first--you can always add it later if you like.  Make sure to read Vermonter's and Northman's FAQ entries on Doc's site--they offer excellent guidelines on tub sanitation utilizing dichlor as the primary sanitation agent.  As tony alluded, N2 should be considered a secondary sanitation agent as should ozone.
Good luck!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2004, 11:39:32 am »
I like Nature2 partnered with a little dichlor after use and a weekly shock of either dichlor, non chlorine shock or a combo of both.  This gives you very good contol over the sanitation of your spa water and you soak in very little if any chems.

I am not a fan of N2 with non chlorine shock only (no real sanitizer and lots of mps added).

This is exactly what we do/recommend and it's been working very well.

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2004, 06:01:57 pm »
It works great for me too. I have HS EverFresh which is similar with ozone. But I'd say try the Nature 2 w/o ozone first and see how it works for you. Good luck.

keltercpo

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2004, 08:52:06 am »
Nature 2 and the Spa Frog in my opinion are really close.  If you choose to go with the Nature 2 over Baqua (I would personally) do partner it with some di-chlor.  Much better clarity and safer water conditions.  The Spa Frog if available also uses a mineral cartridge but they partner it now in a floating lily pad with a bromine cartridge the most everyone I've introduced it to loves.  

Good luck and happy tubbing!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2004, 09:07:37 am »
    Thanks for everyone's reply.  I am probably going to switch this weekend to Nature 2.  Went to our dealer yesterday trying to get them to go 1/2 price for start of kit, they have to ck with another manager.  They know right from July we had problems with Baqua.  Nature 2 is a lot cheaper than Baqua spa also.  Does anyone think we should purchase a ozone system ?  We don't know much about ozone, would it be worth spending the money ??     Thanks, Lynnette

Lynette,

Have you made the switch, and how's it going??
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2004, 09:24:05 am »
  We did not make the switch yet, did change the water last weekend, tried Baqua Spa one more time.  I went to my dealer, they refused to give me a discount on Nature 2 or Brilliance. They know we have had water problems since the tub was new, but made me feel it was my fault.  We have two Baqua Spa totes full of Baqua that we were given and we also purchased.  My husband insisted we try Baqua one more time.  I also called to Baqua and talked to a rep.  I told them of all the problems we are having and he asked me how many filters we have, I told them only one.  He did tell me Baqua requires a lot of filteration to work properly.  Since we use our spa a lot I am thinking that maybe we don't have enough filteration.  Well right now the water is clear but we have been busy this week, only in spa two times.  If I do have to switch I am note going to purchase any chemicals from my dealer.  I did not like the way I was treated.  (By the way the guy I purchased the spa from is not there, no one knows what happened to him?)  Thanks for asking, I will keep you posted but I doubt the water will stay clear.  Lynnette      

ttodd1

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2004, 09:29:08 am »
How often are your filter cycles set for?  I think most recommend around 4 hours at least.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2004, 09:29:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42