What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Grandee Being Delivered Tomorrow!  (Read 4576 times)

georgiapeach

Grandee Being Delivered Tomorrow!
« on: November 05, 2004, 07:14:17 am »
Good Morning Everyone,

Just wanted to let y'all know that I got the call and my Grandee will be delivered tomorrow!!!! :-)  I'm so excited!  Now I just hope I don't mess the water up or do something wrong....I have this fear that I will screw something up...LOL
I'll keep ya posted on things went... :-)

Hot Tub Forum

Grandee Being Delivered Tomorrow!
« on: November 05, 2004, 07:14:17 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Grandee Being Delivered Tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 08:00:00 am »
Good Morning Everyone,

Just wanted to let y'all know that I got the call and my Grandee will be delivered tomorrow!!!! :-)  I'm so excited!  Now I just hope I don't mess the water up or do something wrong....I have this fear that I will screw something up...LOL
I'll keep ya posted on things went... :-)

Have no fear, you will mess things up!  ;D For the most part that is how I learned.  When our child was born I found that any human who ever had a child was an expert and could tell you exactly how it was going to be.  Its not as bad with hot tubs, but sometimes seeing a problem is the best way to learn.  I think the most common rookie mistake is to over use chemicals trying to get perfect readings.   I feel there is a range of acceptable readings for every thing and just try to get everything in range is good enough. I try to use that using minimal chemicals.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

georgiapeach

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 08:13:49 am »

LOL....Thanks...I think... ;D  At least I know where to come to "when" I do mess it up....  ;D  So, if I come on here crying that my water is "green"...please help me!!!! :-)
As far the child thing.....I know exactly what you are talking about....after hearing so much "expert" advice from friends, I decided I would l my best bet was to figure it out myself!  Yep, I messed up, but my daughter turned out okay in the long run.... ;D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 09:16:34 am »
Well, as both a Vista owner (same size as your Grandee) and a father of some of the best kids on the planet, I wish you all the best. Welcome to Spatopia.

W is correct - I see many of our customers over-attending the tub during the first several weeks. As a result, I have taken to recommending a water change at the end of the first month. Even our customers who have clean-looking water mention that it helps with feel, bubbles, foam, or some aspect.

BTW what sanitization system will you be using?
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 09:45:03 am »
Congrats on the new spa.  You are going to love it.

Jonathan

georgiapeach

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 10:10:02 am »
Well, as both a Vista owner (same size as your Grandee) and a father of some of the best kids on the planet, I wish you all the best. Welcome to Spatopia.

W is correct - I see many of our customers over-attending the tub during the first several weeks. As a result, I have taken to recommending a water change at the end of the first month. Even our customers who have clean-looking water mention that it helps with feel, bubbles, foam, or some aspect.

BTW what sanitization system will you be using?

Now I'll be worried I'll over do it....UGH...LOL
Sanitization system....it's got the Ozone system.  Is that what you were asking?  

georgiapeach

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 10:13:22 am »
Congrats on the new spa.  You are going to love it.

Jonathan

Thank you....I'm amazed how excited I am about this whole thing......I'm guessing since they aren't delivering until tomorrow afternoon, I won't be using it until Sunday?  How long does it take for the water to reach a certain temp?  We have a cold front coming through and it's supposed to get down to 35 tonight and tomorrow night....I can see my tub steaming now.... ;D

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 10:39:21 am »
Way to go, peachie!  May the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water.......and the goddess endorses dichlor as your primary sanitizer...... ;)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 10:43:53 am »

Thank you....I'm amazed how excited I am about this whole thing......I'm guessing since they aren't delivering until tomorrow afternoon, I won't be using it until Sunday?  How long does it take for the water to reach a certain temp?  We have a cold front coming through and it's supposed to get down to 35 tonight and tomorrow night....I can see my tub steaming now.... ;D

Heat-wise it took ours about 3 hours to reach 102, but we had our delivered in the summer.  Without question, though, it will reach temp overnight.  Fill er up, drop in the chemicals, let it heat overnight, sleep in your bathing suit and hop in in the morning.

(Assuming of course electrical is also being done today.  If electrical is not being done today I wouldn't jump in tomorrow. 8)

Grandee is a fantastic tub, you will love it!

-Ed

georgiapeach

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2004, 11:39:59 am »

Heat-wise it took ours about 3 hours to reach 102, but we had our delivered in the summer.  Without question, though, it will reach temp overnight.  Fill er up, drop in the chemicals, let it heat overnight, sleep in your bathing suit and hop in in the morning.

(Assuming of course electrical is also being done today.  If electrical is not being done today I wouldn't jump in tomorrow. 8)

Grandee is a fantastic tub, you will love it!

-Ed

Electrical has been done for 2 weeks!  Pad built; everything is ready to do, except the main component....the spa!!!! It's supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow....maybe, just maybe, I'll get lucky and the water will be at the right temp tomorrow night?  Or am I asking a bit much????  :)

georgiapeach

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2004, 11:41:13 am »
Way to go, peachie!  May the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water.......and the goddess endorses dichlor as your primary sanitizer...... ;)

Hey...how did you know that my on-line friends call me peachy?   ;D
Thank you for the blessing... :-)  

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2004, 12:01:20 pm »
Don't forget to put your bathing suits in the washing machine and do a double rinse on them without soap.  

Our first day in the tub with the kids was a bit foamy!

Jonathan

georgiapeach

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2004, 12:59:25 pm »
Don't forget to put your bathing suits in the washing machine and do a double rinse on them without soap.  

Our first day in the tub with the kids was a bit foamy!

Jonathan

We gotta wear bathing suits???? hehehehe...just kidding!  Thanks for the advice!   :)

salesdvl

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2004, 12:59:30 pm »
Congrats Georgia, I think you find owning a Grandee....

well... just Peachy.

sorry.  Noone else said it.  Someone had to.
;)
Measure once, cut twice.

georgiapeach

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2004, 01:11:17 pm »
Congrats Georgia, I think you find owning a Grandee....

well... just Peachy.

sorry.  Noone else said it.  Someone had to.
 ;)

LOL...too cute...thank ya....  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2004, 01:11:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42