What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Warm towels?  (Read 3680 times)

tansu

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Warm towels?
« on: November 05, 2004, 01:13:20 pm »
Anyone figure a way to have warm towels ready on exit?
Microwave? Electric smoker? Space heater + box?

Hot Tub Forum

Warm towels?
« on: November 05, 2004, 01:13:20 pm »

salesdvl

Re: Warm towels?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 01:15:37 pm »
If you have a small portable cooler, you can warm them in the dryer and put them in the cooler.  That will keep them warm for a while.

And no, it doesnt have to be a COLEMAN cooler.   ;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 01:16:40 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 01:16:01 pm »
Try preheating them in the dryer and keeping them next to the spa in a cooler (or heater, as it were :)).  Maybe even throw one of those microwavable heating pads in there too.  And don't forget to drop a robe or two in as well.
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 01:17:40 pm »
ha, gotcha by 1 minute, Wind dude.
Measure once, cut twice.

windsurfdog

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 01:17:57 pm »
Otay, salesy...er.....Sir Salesy, yer typin' faster than me today........
:D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 01:39:58 pm »
If you have a TP spa cut grooves in the side of it near the motors, build a cabinet against the spa over the grooves and put towel hooks in it. Might work well if your selling tamales also.....

windsurfdog

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 01:41:17 pm »
If you have a TP spa cut grooves in the side of it near the motors, build a cabinet against the spa over the grooves and put towel hooks in it. Might work well if your selling tamales also.....

.......easy to do with flimsy panels........
;)

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 03:08:33 pm »
I am building mini-closet on deck, next to tub, for robes, towels and slippers. This cabinet will be ceder outside, insulated with foam board, (about 1 inch thick), with built in heater (kick-space, under cabinet heater) controled by twist-dial timer. The idea being, when you go out to tub, turn timer for approx. time you expect to be in water, and when you get out, everything will be warm. Also building steps with draws to place shoes/slippers to keep them dry.  What do you think???  Framing for deck just starting now, will provide pictures as we progress! ;D
john

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 03:14:26 pm »
I am building mini-closet on deck, next to tub, for robes, towels and slippers. This cabinet will be ceder outside, insulated with foam board, (about 1 inch thick), with built in heater (kick-space, under cabinet heater) controled by twist-dial timer. The idea being, when you go out to tub, turn timer for approx. time you expect to be in water, and when you get out, everything will be warm. Also building steps with draws to place shoes/slippers to keep them dry.  What do you think???  Framing for deck just starting now, will provide pictures as we progress! ;D
john

That's a great idea! You just described a very efficient thermal pane design much like the one Coleman spas uses. I'm sure it will work well for you and I'll look forward to seeing your pictures.

Spahappy :D

salesdvl

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2004, 03:17:33 pm »
.......easy to do with flimsy panels........
 ;)

Yea, but maybe he doesnt have a Master Spa with flimsy panels.   :)

sorry Wind, couldnt resist.
Measure once, cut twice.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2004, 01:03:09 am »
Turn the water temperature to 104, stay in 30-40 minutes.

You won't need warm towels!

Drewski

:D  
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Zoo

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2004, 04:30:29 pm »
Coast Spas offers a "Towel Warmer" as an option! ;) This will keep your towels warm as you watch your LCD TV etc. I thought that these things were to help you relax and escape from our complicated world! I agree with Drewski by the way!

Zoo

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2004, 07:00:36 am »
I built a cedar box with a light bulb below a thin metal divider, the towels go above the divider, theres a switch on the outside, and a hinged lid. Drop in towels, throw switch, soak, open lid, warm towel, throw switch.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2004, 07:28:05 am »
Coast Spas offers a "Towel Warmer" as an option! ;) This will keep your towels warm as you watch your LCD TV etc. I thought that these things were to help you relax and escape from our complicated world! I agree with Drewski by the way!

Zoo

I was going to suggest you could pay$11000 for a Thermospa with the towell option.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2004, 07:28:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42