What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Eco One "Step 1" and sanitizers  (Read 2448 times)

boston_tubby

Eco One "Step 1" and sanitizers
« on: November 04, 2004, 08:13:44 am »
Hey, I just got my brand new spa (Artesian Dove Canyon) and am doing the Eco One.  (I'll add Nature2 and dichlor to the mix when I refill in 2-10 days.)  

Question:  should I be using bromine/dichlor during the 2-10 day "Step 1", or will that interfere with the cleansing process?

Hot Tub Forum

Eco One "Step 1" and sanitizers
« on: November 04, 2004, 08:13:44 am »

TCMarvin

Re: Eco One "Step 1" and sanitizers
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 06:21:42 pm »
If you plan on using the spa during the cleansing process, then yes, you need dichlor. Otherwise you don't need any, just run the jets often.

You might need a product for minerals if you have high content in your source water. This is added after you drain and refill your spa and before the Eco One is added.

After your spa is going, all you need to do is add a little dichlor after each use. Like a 1/2 to a full teaspoon. There is no need for Nature2 with Eco One, it might even cause water problems. Bromine does not work as well either. Just keep it simple and use dichlor

Don't fight with your pH, help it a little if you must, but don't fight it. You will find that it self adjusts over time in the 7.6-8.2 range, which is the best pH with Eco One. I rarely have to adjust mine.

If you notice a little cloudiness during the first few days, just turn your filters up until it clears. This is normal. It's not bacteria, it's the Eco One that needs to balance into your water. Once it balances, everything runs smoothly. All you need to do is add a bottle of Eco One every 1-2 months and dichlor after each use.

If the spa is not being used and there is a cover on it, you can go for months without adding anything. Just make sure you add dichlor before you use it again and a new bottle of Eco One if it's been long enough.

Hope this helps

boston_tubby

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 09:55:44 am »
Thanks, that was really helpful.

FYI, I managed to call a tech guy at Pacific Sands (Eco One's manufacture) yesterday afternoon and get his thoughts.  He said that with the combo of Eco One and the ozonator, dichlor couldn't hurt during Step 1, and the EPA probably requires me to use it, but it probably wasn't necessary as a practical matter.  (Maybe because it's only a 2-10 day period after all.)  After Step 1, he recommends adding half a teaspoon after tub use.

He  also said adding Nature2 would be overkill, but wouldn't hurt.  I think I've read about water problems elsewhere, but can't remember what the issue was.  Eco One's marketing materials claim compatibility, but who knows.

Pooldevil

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 04:49:07 am »
Hi Boston
We sell EcoOne here in the UK and its a great product ....
Everything you have been told is great and this is the way to use it. just to be on the safe side - give your tub a little diclor on first fill.
Another fact - don't mix EcoOne with other enzyme products ....
you will end up with an enzyme war !!
Enjoy....

TCMarvin

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 02:50:10 pm »
Boston, you should hold off on the Nature2 for now and use it later if you find that the Eco One system is not for you. The trick to having perfect spa water is actually the opposite of what most assume. Adding MORE chemicals is not better. LESS is better.

Most new spa owners do too much at the beginning and complicate things for themselves. Chemicals react with one another, which can have adverse effects on your water and the more you add, the faster you increase your TDS levels. When your TDS increase too much, the water will crash and need to be drained. Using Eco One and keeping things simple can prolong the life of your water 6+ months EASILY, even if you use it everyday. You cannot do this with other treatment systems, the water starts fouling in the 3-4 month range. Eco One just keeps going and going and going, like the energizer bunny. The water feels the same after 6 months, as the day you filled it.

Just use the Eco One, Dichlor, Ozone and utilize your filtration by turning it up a bit. Keep things simple and you'll be a happy tubber.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 02:50:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42