What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozonator Question  (Read 2430 times)

Yorag

• Big Cal Spas Fan
Ozonator Question
« on: November 05, 2004, 06:30:08 pm »
Well, since it appears I'll be regaining the use of my spa later next week, I have a question concerning my ozonator.
Since there is absolutely no information in my Cal Spas owner's manual concerning the ozonator, I have no idea if the lamp needs to be replaced or not.
I know the spa actually does have an ozonator as you can see it glowing when the spa is running.
I have read that the lamp can lose it's effectiveness over time. I have also heard that these types of ozonators are not very good. Big surprise there considering what I purchased.
My question is this; should the lamp be replaced since it's been in use for over 7 years now? If so, are they very expensive? Or if not, should I just carry on as it is and wait until it burns out, or when it does burn out, should I even replace it at all?
Thanks in advance for your response.

Hot Tub Forum

Ozonator Question
« on: November 05, 2004, 06:30:08 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Ozonator Question
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 06:36:24 pm »
If you want ozonation, replace it. It has not worked in years. That being said, were you happy with the condition of the water when it was filled last? Many beleive that an ozonator is required, because that is what they were sold. If you were OK with the smell and the clarity of the water over the last couple of years.....well you see where I am going here.

As far as the cost ($CDN) $95-150

HotTubMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

Yorag

• Big Cal Spas Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 06:42:36 pm »
To be honest, the water quality was exceptional over the past few years. It actually seemed easier to maintain of late than in the earlier years too. I see where you're going HTM and I think that answers my question. Thanks.
Of course, other opinions are still welcomed.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 06:42:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42