What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Euphoria arrived  (Read 3038 times)

Elle

• Underpromise; overdeliver.
New Euphoria arrived
« on: November 04, 2004, 09:36:26 pm »
nah nah nah nah.............nah nah nah nah........hey hey hey......Euphoria!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Glorious spatopia!!!  The final hook ups took place around 5:30 PM.  Tub was at 90 degrees by 11:00 PM.  Checked the tub this AM and was at a perfect 102.  Soaked with the entire family this evening.  AHHH!!!!  Can someone say HEAVEN!!!

Now some questions...after getting out tonight my skin feels rather tight.  Does that mean I have the bromine set too high?  I have the frog system with ozone.  According to the test strips I was given my bromine is just right.

Where can I find these Taylor test kits that everyone talks about?  I am rather paranoid about the water chemistry.  I feel like I'm going to screw everything up.  According to my dealer, the chemistry should be a breeze.  I would know nothing about all the balancing necessary without this site.  My dealer is great, but he has a real hands off approach to water care.  He is a set the frog higher when using it, lower when not in use...shock once or twice a week kind of guy.

Any advice?  Please don't say switch to dichlor.  I may or may not do that at some point, but with the built in feeder I hate to NOT use it.  Thanks in advance.

Elle

Hot Tub Forum

New Euphoria arrived
« on: November 04, 2004, 09:36:26 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: New Euphoria arrived
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 09:50:28 pm »
Elle,
Congrats! Now it's time for... well.... EUPHORIA!

Oh, and a spa goddess blessing from Reverend WindyBob, I just love it when he does that!(You know... the line from the Rocky movies. ;))

I use test strips and think they're fine but yes, you probably have the Bromine to high for that system. Most test strips are kind of generic and don't take the Minerals and Ozone into consideration. Where do you have your Bromine cartridge set at? Should be about 2-3 now.

Elle

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 09:52:01 pm »
Yes, I have it at 2-3.  Do I need to be raising it when we are in it?  After we get out?  How often do you shock?
Thanks in advance

Elle

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 03:06:13 am »
Simple steps;

Fill up, put in about an oz of Granular Bromine with the Bromine cartridge out of the spa (your tub runs continuously at first to heat so it will use more bromine and put more in the spa if you leave it in). After it gets hot put the bromine cartridge back in on 5 for the first day and then turn down to 2 or 3. You should shock 2 to 3 times a week for the first month as you will be using the spa much more.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 04:10:35 am »
Hey Elle,

enjoy your spa....I just got in from mine....same tub....what color did you get.....congatualtions....

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 10:55:17 am »
Major congratulations, oh euphorious one!  May the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water......and the goddess suggests you purchase your Taylor Test Kit from Doc at www.rhtubs.com....... ;)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 10:58:18 am »
Elle, Switch to dichlor...LOL....

I think after you get the hang of it you will find that water care is very easy.  Once you get a system down you won't even have to worry about it.  And don't worry if you 'screw everything up',  Everyone has done it and everyone has recovered from it.  Even if it comes down to a drain and fill you will make it through.  Enjoy your spa and the chemical stuff will fall into place as you become more familiar with you usage, bather load, etc....
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 10:59:06 am by Perk1 »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 12:50:41 pm »
Elle, Switch to dichlor...LOL....

I think after you get the hang of it you will find that water care is very easy.  Once you get a system down you won't even have to worry about it.  And don't worry if you 'screw everything up',  Everyone has done it and everyone has recovered from it.  Even if it comes down to a drain and fill you will make it through.  Enjoy your spa and the chemical stuff will fall into place as you become more familiar with you usage, bather load, etc....

Elle,
the Frog system was designed into your tub to be used with your tub. Once you get the hang of it, you will love it. I would not change to any other system until I gave the frog at least a 3 month trial and see how you like it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 12:51:44 pm by stuart »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 01:03:18 pm »
Elle,
the Frog system was designed into your tub to be used with your tub. Once you get the hang of it, you will love it. I would not change to any other system until I gave the frog at least a 3 month trial and see how you like it.

This Stuart guy sure gives great advice I hope to as smart as he one day.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Elle

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2004, 05:53:22 pm »
Hey Elle,

enjoy your spa....I just got in from mine....same tub....what color did you get.....congatualtions....

I have the pearl shell with the cedar outside and wildwood cover.  It is the first time my dealer has seen this combination.  They ordered the tub in the exact same color for a floor model, and it has been the number one selling combination ever since.  LOL  It is seriously gorgeous!!!  We call it our Escalade!  That is exactly how it looks inside.  Matter of fact, I think I hear it calling me right now....

Elle

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2004, 05:53:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42