What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Daily Dichlor Dosage  (Read 2684 times)

Max78

Daily Dichlor Dosage
« on: November 04, 2004, 08:23:11 pm »
I have had an Optima for about 2 months now.  Have an ozonator and a Spa Frog cartridge and use dichlor.  We've been busy lately and have not used the tub too much.  I check the chlorine and ph daily.  My question is regarding the level the chlorine should be kept at.  I know with the ozone you can keep it as low as .5.  It seems when I let it get that low my water takes on a greenish tinge.  I've been trying to bump it up to about 2 or 3 daily if the reading is below 2 regardless of use.  Should I be doing this?  Also, if I've already bumped the chlorine up to around 2 or 3 then end up using the tub later that day, should I still add 1 tsp. of dichlor for each person after use?  Plus I add 3 TBSP. of dichlor weekly regardless of usage.  Is this routine alright or am I just wasting dichlor?  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Daily Dichlor Dosage
« on: November 04, 2004, 08:23:11 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Daily Dichlor Dosage
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 05:54:50 am »
Its not a bad thing to up your dichlor to 2-3 PPM in order to maintain clear water. but every other day may suffiece. You weekly dose of 3 TBLS may not be required if your not using the tub heavy. Skip a week on the shock and you will be fine, add enough every other day to reach 2-3 PPM and your water should remain clear. If your using it that same evening don't add till you get out. Not that 2-3 PPM will hurt you but if makes sence to just add after you soak to kill all your nastys. If you did add a little before you soaked it won't hurt to add more as Dichlor dissapates very quickly with use.
Retired

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 10:29:51 am »
......and dichlor's cheap......
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 10:29:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42