What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leisure Time Bright & Clear vs. ?  (Read 6718 times)

steve771

Leisure Time Bright & Clear vs. ?
« on: November 03, 2004, 01:12:38 pm »
Well, I was thinking vs. Sea-Klear 4 in 1, but any suggestions otherwise?

It's not that I'm unhappy with Bright & Clear, but I like the more "natural" approach that Sea-Klear lists as its main ingredient.  Bright & Clear lists "this clarifier utilizes unique polymer action", which doesn't really tell me anything about what's in it.  ???

Hot Tub Forum

Leisure Time Bright & Clear vs. ?
« on: November 03, 2004, 01:12:38 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Leisure Time Bright & Clear vs. ?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 01:34:29 pm »
Bright and Clear is a clarifier only.  Sea Klear is a clarifier and enzyme treatment.  LeisureTime's enzyme product is Scum Gon.  I use clarifiers only when needed and not as a periodic maintenance product.  My original Bright and Clear is still half full and is two and a half years old.  I prefer to use Scum Gon as a regular additive.

steve771

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 01:47:21 pm »
Thanks tony.  So if I read it correctly, you are saying that the enzyme product keeps things clear (for the most part) and avoids the scum problem as well?  Do you have any experience with Sea Klear?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 02:18:15 pm »
Sea Klear and Bright and Clear are both polymer type clarifiers.  I have not used Sea Klear, but it seems to have a good reputation.  I only use Bright and Clear if my water has a little haze and needs a little filtering help.  This is not very often.  Scum Gon is a natural enzyme product that "eats" soaps, oils, etc and eliminates scum.  It works well as a weekly additive.  Sea Klear also eliminates scum naturally.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 03:35:29 pm »
We've been really happy with the Sea Klear product.  What I like is that it doesn't cause the foam problems that other clarifiers do.  A few weeks ago when I was having some clouding issues I put in 3 oz of the 4 in 1 and the water was crystal clear the next day with no foam.  
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 03:49:45 pm »
I've been curious about the impact of ozone on enzyme products. Mant enzyme products suggest you not use them in the spa if sanitizer levels exceed 5PPM. What will silver or ozone do to them?

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 04:34:22 pm »
I don't want to confuse bacteriacide enzyme products such as the Natural or Eco One with water quality enzymes such as Sea Klear or Scum Gon.  As far as I know, there is no issue with the Scum Gon type as Leisure Time recommends their use with their mineral cartridge (frog) and ozone.  I have never seen anyone suggest the use of minerals with the Natural or Eco One.

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 06:22:09 pm »
My first 2 fills only lasted about 35-40 days, since then I've stopped using Scum Gon and Bright n Clear and increasesd the filtering by 2hrs a day and my water is now 45days old and beautifully clear and crisp and smells fresh.  I only add dichlor and spa defender.  B n Clear made my water foam, Scum Gon made it hazy for a few days.  We shower before using tub, so no scum to gon and now that I'm not putting extra junk in water I havent had any cloudiness.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 06:22:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42